"Nambour 2011...I always liked this town" Top 5 Page for this destination Nambour by wise23girl
Nambour Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 64 photos
Once the hub of the district things are quite different now in Nambour 2011. The Nambour General Hospital will eventually lose its place to Kawana...the Sugar Mill has closed....The Big Pineapple ....well we are waiting to see what its fate will be.
And with the amalgamation of the three local councils Nambour is no longer top dog.
Development has made its mark as farming in the area has now diminished....There are still a few rural type stores about but if you visit the plaza you could be anywhere.
It is said that temperature wise Nambour is hot...and it is cold...but neverthe less I always liked this town....and I worked here for many years.
Things change...more and more folk are looking for affordable housing. Nambour is on the main railway line...so lets wait and see.
"The name “Nambour” is derived from the Aboriginal word "naamba", referring to the red-flowering tea-tree (Callistemon Viminalis). The town was originally called Petrie's Creek. It was renamed after the Nambour cattle station in 1891"
For some more early history of Nambour and district Read what is written in this link
the photo is from this website
- In a nutshell:Once a Country Town
Creating ....Memorable Experiences for Families Would you just love a photo of you and especially your kids with Queen... more travel advice
If you love a bit of history you will love this book whuch tells the story of The Big Pineapple. Written by Kerry Brown... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Nambour Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nambour 2011...I always liked this town"
- "Friendly Nambour"
- "Nambour...quite close"
- "Once a Country Town"
- "Sweetberry's Nambour Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nambour
- 7 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Nambour?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nambour
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Leaving VT"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Big Pineapple...just a little bit open"
- Wrote a Review Meet Queen Bee Pineapple in Nambour Things to Do
- Commented on the Nambour travel guide
- updated a Nambour Travel Page "Nambour 2011...I always liked this town"
- Commented on one of tropicrd's Nambour travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 159 reviews, 330 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 55 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos