"Stanthorpe...catch an autum leaf" Stanthorpe by wise23girl

Stanthorpe Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 99 photos

Always passing through

I have been a bit remiss not writing up Stanthorpe before this but when we are travelling through it is a bit soon to stop overnight and it is not yet lunch time....
But on one trip we just had to visit The Ugg Boot Lady and I wanted to at least show you some of the signs on the road between Wallangarra, Stanthorpe, and Warwick the like of which I have not seen elsewhere.I now think these are the work of Warwick City Council but I will investigate....

For a bit of background you might be interested to know Stanthorpe is 811 metres above sea level...has the coldest climate in Queensland ( 15.30 degrees to 26.40 Celsius in summer and 0.30 to 14.30 degrees Celsius in winter)
The Kambu people were the first known settlers in this part of The Granite
Belt.

Stanthorpe is famous for apples and for grape growing....Over 50 wineries are to be found in the district (2013)

Now we stay and explore a little

So we are here in winter 2013...and we 'catch an autumn leaf'....'climb a rock'...walk along Quart Pot Creek and admire the beautiful surrounds....
And oh so cosy in our little cottage with a log fire. Our friends back home were sending messages that we would freeze....not a bit of it....though Stanthorpe is the coldest place in Queensland, Australia.

Some bicycles

Well when I see a little more evidence of bicycles being used instead of cars around where I live I always think of VTer Don aka Nemorino. So outside Stanthorpe right next to The BIG Apple and the great place called , Vincenzos, for food, gifts, and gourmet delights I just had to take this photo.
Sometimes I fear for cyclists on our roads but hopefully driver awareness will improve as well as improvement to our road systems.

• Pros:You can catch an autum leaf
  • Cons:The coldest place in Queensland
  • In a nutshell:Hidden charms
  • Last visit to Stanthorpe: May 2012
  • Intro Updated May 26, 2013

Comments

wise23girl Visits Here Frequently!

wise23girl

“We are Dancing People”

Badges & Stats in Stanthorpe

Have you been to Stanthorpe?