"Stanthorpe...catch an autum leaf" Stanthorpe by wise23girl
Stanthorpe Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 99 photos
I have been a bit remiss not writing up Stanthorpe before this but when we are travelling through it is a bit soon to stop overnight and it is not yet lunch time....
But on one trip we just had to visit The Ugg Boot Lady and I wanted to at least show you some of the signs on the road between Wallangarra, Stanthorpe, and Warwick the like of which I have not seen elsewhere.I now think these are the work of Warwick City Council but I will investigate....
For a bit of background you might be interested to know Stanthorpe is 811 metres above sea level...has the coldest climate in Queensland ( 15.30 degrees to 26.40 Celsius in summer and 0.30 to 14.30 degrees Celsius in winter)
The Kambu people were the first known settlers in this part of The Granite
Stanthorpe is famous for apples and for grape growing....Over 50 wineries are to be found in the district (2013)
So we are here in winter 2013...and we 'catch an autumn leaf'....'climb a rock'...walk along Quart Pot Creek and admire the beautiful surrounds....
And oh so cosy in our little cottage with a log fire. Our friends back home were sending messages that we would freeze....not a bit of it....though Stanthorpe is the coldest place in Queensland, Australia.
Well when I see a little more evidence of bicycles being used instead of cars around where I live I always think of VTer Don aka Nemorino. So outside Stanthorpe right next to The BIG Apple and the great place called , Vincenzos, for food, gifts, and gourmet delights I just had to take this photo.
Sometimes I fear for cyclists on our roads but hopefully driver awareness will improve as well as improvement to our road systems.
- Pros:You can catch an autum leaf
- Cons:The coldest place in Queensland
- In a nutshell:Hidden charms
QuartPot Creek runs through the chilly town of Stanthorpe in the Granite Belt of Queensland. (I once bought a horse... more travel advice
Queensland, Australia Now you won't drive past this place....The Big Apple will grab your attention but for goodness... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Stanthorpe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stanthorpe is Cool!"
- "Stanthorpe...catch an autum leaf"
- ""BRASS MONKEY COUNTRY""
- "A place to visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stanthorpe
- Hotels in Stanthorpe
- Restaurants in Stanthorpe
- Shopping in Stanthorpe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stanthorpe
- 6 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Stanthorpe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stanthorpe
- Posted in Travel Maroochydore Forum "Re: buying prawns"
- Commented on one of wise23girl's Stanthorpe tips
- updated a Stanthorpe Travelogue "Flying the VT Flag in Stanthorpe"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Flying the VT Flag in Stanthorpe"
- Wrote a Review Catch an Autumn Leaf along Quart Pot Creek in Stanthorpe Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 160 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 54 reviews, 176 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 56 reviews, 151 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canberra Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue