"Warwick for Roses" Warwick by wise23girl

Warwick Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 116 photos

Always passing through

Warwick known as the Rose and Rodeo city is the administrative centre of the Southern Downs local government area. Both the Cunningham Highway and the New England Highway pass through the town. Just 2 hours drive from Brisbane there is much to enjoy in this region.

Read here for ideas of what to see and do in Warwick

We pass through quite often but have not explored nor stayed for a very long time. but in 2013 we stayed a night

But we are always ones to find places for some special food so see the review for a great little eating place right in the middle of town.

Do not miss the unusual road safety signs in the Warwick district

Staying overnight

Well we decided to finish one of our road trips with a night in Warwick....unplanned but it had been a long day..
We chose to stay at the Horse and Jockey Hotel/Motel....my man had noticed the name on a 'pass through' a few weeks back....it was OK...and the manager was efficient...and it was last minute.
Then it was to Warwick RSL for a meal and a 'flutter' on the gaming machines...no dancing here...Well I had remembered the food was not so wonderful here from years ago....I hope never to go back.
So goodness me if you are just passing through I have no idea what to advise.... I hope someone will let me know....Otherwise head back to Stanthorpe and read where we dined and rested there...and had breakfast....worth the trip back.

ps....unfortunately the one place I know with great food in the Warwick CBD Brysons Place is not open on Sunday....see review below

Alert Well I have spoken to a local ...just today 2013. See below for some suggestions for dining and just eating.

• Cons:not much at night that we found
  • In a nutshell:A town of beautiful roses
  • Last visit to Warwick: Mar 2013
  • Intro Updated Jul 5, 2013

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I always like visiting places that have steam train tours, just for old time’s sake. I remember when I was about four or five years old the wheels of the steam engines on the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad were taller than I was.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM

lovely roses! and some good pages in your trip.....I have limited time now, as am on the road up the peninsula, and will have very limited computer access when I get to Rosarito, as I have to go out to a internet café or hotel with WIFI.........a chore!

wise23girl Visits Here Frequently!

wise23girl

“We are Dancing People”

Badges & Stats in Warwick

Have you been to Warwick?

Latest Activity in Warwick