"Warwick for Roses" Warwick by wise23girl
Warwick Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 116 photos
Warwick known as the Rose and Rodeo city is the administrative centre of the Southern Downs local government area. Both the Cunningham Highway and the New England Highway pass through the town. Just 2 hours drive from Brisbane there is much to enjoy in this region.
Read here for ideas of what to see and do in Warwick
We pass through quite often but have not explored nor stayed for a very long time. but in 2013 we stayed a night
But we are always ones to find places for some special food so see the review for a great little eating place right in the middle of town.
Do not miss the unusual road safety signs in the Warwick district
Well we decided to finish one of our road trips with a night in Warwick....unplanned but it had been a long day..
We chose to stay at the Horse and Jockey Hotel/Motel....my man had noticed the name on a 'pass through' a few weeks back....it was OK...and the manager was efficient...and it was last minute.
Then it was to Warwick RSL for a meal and a 'flutter' on the gaming machines...no dancing here...Well I had remembered the food was not so wonderful here from years ago....I hope never to go back.
So goodness me if you are just passing through I have no idea what to advise.... I hope someone will let me know....Otherwise head back to Stanthorpe and read where we dined and rested there...and had breakfast....worth the trip back.
ps....unfortunately the one place I know with great food in the Warwick CBD Brysons Place is not open on Sunday....see review below
Alert Well I have spoken to a local ...just today 2013. See below for some suggestions for dining and just eating.
- Cons:not much at night that we found
- In a nutshell:A town of beautiful roses
You are in Queensland Australia...on the Darling Downs..... Well my friends I was not very impressed with the eating... more travel advice
An unexpected stop in Warwick, Queensland, Australia. We chose to stay at the Horse and Jockey Hotel/Motel....my man had... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Warwick Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CAPITAL OF CAMPDRAFTING"
- "Warwick for Roses"
- "Warwick - on the way to *.*: but worth a stop"
- "Warwick - Rodeo Town"
- "Warwick,Rose and Rodeo City. Plse Visit Killarney."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warwick
- Hotels in Warwick
- Restaurants in Warwick
- Warnings and Dangers in Warwick
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warwick
- 7 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Warwick?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warwick
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 159 reviews, 330 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 55 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 36 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canberra Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue