"A Place to Dance" Top 5 Page for this destination Woombye by wise23girl
Woombye Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 66 photos
Very soon after I moved to the Sunshine Coast I visited Woombye...well it is next door to Palmwoods(where I lived at that time) but what took me there was dancing in the Woombye Hall.
There were dances during the week and dance lessons as well...ballroom and line dancing.
And suppers were the old fashioned kind. And they still dance there.
Once Woombye carried farm supplies...there were pineapples, avocados growing in the district and livestock...but guess what....someone built houses on much of the farmland and now those who cannot afford the coastal areas, or want to be on the train line or just prefer an almost rural feel live in Woombye.
No not 'it'...how to say' Woombye'....most of us say 'woomm...bye'...
but it used to be more like 'wumbe' if that makes any sense....well acoording to the old timers..
Woombye used to be called Cobb's Camp due to the fact that it was a staging post for the Cobb & Co coaches. The local pub celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2000, and is certainly worth a visit.
Well nearly everything....there is a butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker...as the old song goes.
Well there is a great supermarket...and a dentist and a doctor as well....
Woombye is on the train line which is a bonus for travelling with out a car. And the local RSL Club has a courtesy bus service.
The township is located off the Bruce Highway, west of Maroochydore. It is also the location of the Big Pineapple - so big you can't miss it...and slowly coming to life again after years of being dormant.
OH Mystery Tour folk...here we are on our way to Palmwoods Are you enjoying these small towns?%
- Pros:Al2401 used to live there
- Cons:getting busier
- In a nutshell:Great little town...central to Nambour and even the coast.
Sunshine Coast near Nambour. Yes there is now a proper barber in Woombye. Sometimes the guys just do not want to have... more travel advice
If you have some media transfer jobs here is the place for you. Slides to DVD,audio reel to CD, records to CD and so... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Woombye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Place to Dance"
- "Woombye - land of the black snake"
- "Woombye, a delightfull little town"
- "The Woombye pub experience"
- "THE LITTLE TOWN OF WOOMBYE"
- "Woombye a great little place."
- "Woombye you have made it!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Woombye
- Restaurants in Woombye
- Shopping in Woombye
- Warnings and Dangers in Woombye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Woombye
- 6 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Woombye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Woombye
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 329 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 54 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 35 reviews, 133 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos