"Yandina...still a little bit country" Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina by wise23girl
Yandina Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 100 photos
If you just go a little bit up the road you can see the stars...but not by train...you will need to drive.
And you do not have to look up at the sky and hope .. If you take the Wappa Falls Road you will find the place...I will put details in a review Learn about the Night Sky.
If you do ever manage to get right away from civilization...somewhere on a large property or maybe the outback itself where there are no lights or cars or other distractionsthe view of the night sky is unbelievable
Once the main Bruce highway passed through the town of Yandina and as the traffic increased over the years on a Friday night it was almost impossible to go anywhere. With the construction of the Nambour bypass the town was able to settle back a little into its former country ways.
Oh you do not know where to find Yandina...well travel about 2 hours north of Brisbane, Queensland , Australia ...actually Yandina is part of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland..
Once many little towns such as Yandina were the centres for farming .Yandina still has heavy machinery outlets and rural supplies. Sugar Cane fields were everywhere but with the closing of the mill in Nambour the cane fields are disappearing. There are still a few cattle about and some produce grown. Ginger growing is still a major industry and Yandina is now the home of the Ginger Factory selling Buderim Ginger.....but with the problem of pythium disease this industry is under threat.
Did you enjoy Yandina....quite a lot to do. There was a chance to get a bit lost...you could have found yourself on Radar Hill or even Dunethin Rock...Well best to slip back to Woombye and see the murals...but only after after you have visited the pub in Yandina! Oh it is only 20 minutes back to Woombye....
- Pros:Farmers market on Saturday
- In a nutshell:So much history
Yandina Sunshine Coast, Queensland Once this factory was the pride and joy of Buderim but alas "progress" forced the... more travel advice
Now do not confuse this place with Mount Glorious close to Brisbane. Point Glorious is at the back of Yandina. Besides... more travel advice
wise23girl's Related Pages
Yandina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yandina...still a little bit country"
- "HOME OF THE GINGER & THE GINGER FACTORY"
- "Yandina revisited"
- "Yandina: A Nice Lil Town"
- "YANDINA THE OLDEST SURVIVING TOWNSHIP"
- "Yandina -Ginger & Macadamia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yandina
- Restaurants in Yandina
- Shopping in Yandina
- Warnings and Dangers in Yandina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yandina
- 13 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Yandina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yandina
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "A speedy recovery for Dorrise"
- updated a Yandina Travel Page "Yandina...still a little bit country"
- Commented on one of wise23girl's Yandina travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "A scenic drive to Dunethin Rock"
- Wrote a Review Shopping at the Ginger Factory in Yandina Shopping
Photos in YandinaSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 160 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buderim Intro, 59 reviews, 200 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maroochydore Intro, 57 reviews, 156 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lismore Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Forster Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue