" VIC, THE HEART OF THE OLD CATALONIA." Vic by almogaver
Vic Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 76 photos
NO ONE VISITING CATALONIA SHOULD LEAVE THIS WONDERFUL OLD CITY IN THE HEART OF THE COUNTRY.
ONLY ONE HOUR FAR FROM BARCELONA, YOU?LL EXPERIENCE SOMETHING GREATE WALKING DOWN THIS OLD STREETS, CROSSING THIS UNIQUE " PLA?A MAJOR" .
And...yes!, I must confess I?m in love with this city.
Vic is situated in the center of a great, flat valley, surrounded for beautiful mountains all around. That?s because the days, a lot of days with fog.
The city has many years of history. There is the capital of the county (comarca in catalan) named OSONA, a latin name. Vic is the center for all the people in the region,so if you want buy, go to the cinema, walk , go to a restaurant or visit a museum this is the best place.
About restaurant it is the most important region in all the country. Here , only in the city, you can choose between more than 80 restaurants!!. Most of them with high qulity food and excellent service.
Vic has one university, and all the services you need: Wonderful hospitals, shops, cinema, theatre...
The city is situated just in the meedle of two important roads, so it is easy to arrive by car.
The C-17, just only 70 kmts from Barcelona and 100 from the french border.
The C-25, named " L?Eix", that means the axis. This road goes across the country from Girona (62 kmts) to LLeida.
Many days, on winter, the city is covered by a cold , white, wet blanket of fog. And then the peace is surrounding you , step by step across the narrow streets.
Sant Jordi, April, the 23. Our colors are everywhere, and, of course, the rose and the book....Oh!..perhaps you still don?t know anything about this great day???
Well, we have two great days in our calendar, September the 11, our National day and this one on the picture: April, the 23. In this day we celebrate the "lover day". A great day, when all men give a rose to his lover woman and she gives a book to him. So, all the cities are covered for thousand of tables full with books and roses....
- Pros:Try it!!
- Cons:No one, I love it (also with this foggy days...)
- In a nutshell:The last city with human side.
almogaver's Related Pages
Vic Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " VIC, THE HEART OF THE OLD CATALONIA."
- "WEEK OF PORK "Setmana Del Porc"
- "Vic City Journey"
- "Fira Medieval"
- "A magic city in Catalonia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vic
- 29 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Vic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vic
Top 10 Pages
- Vic Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perpignan Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Romania Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toulouse Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suceava Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Colombia Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Havana Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue