"Dalhousie --- Beauty Unblemished" Dalhousie by alexandria08

Dalhousie Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 21 photos

This was a three day trip. My first solo one--- when I say solo, I mean, I decided where to go, I decided when to go and I decided that I HAD to go!! People (my Mom and friends) joined me...!

Like any "first time" this one will be special.

On the way from Pathankot to Dalhousie in a hired cab, we heard from the driver that it had snowed sometime in mid February, and that it was still snow all over, even after a month or so!!

Being from a place (Delhi) which is mostly hot and humid, snow was heaven to us!
It sure was. The sight of snow here and there, with greens peeping out, and the red blossoms filling up the gaps, and not to forget the blue sky above --- it was the perfect painter's masterpiece. I myself, being an amateur artist was missing my paintbrushes.

The locals left their snow-covered huts and went downhill, only to return in summer!

We stayed in Dalhousie for 2 days and 1 day we spent in Khajjiar-Chamba which is a separate experience altogether and deserves a special mention. The two days that we were in Dalhousie, we had seen nature at its best. Locals told us, tat thought it was not "season" for travellers, we had accomplished the unimaginable by God's grace--- which is visualizing spring and winter side by side!!

I guess, that's what travelling is all about.

More in the travelogue section.

• Pros:Hill-station with minimum commercialization and maximum pleasure. The "feel good" factor is high!
  • Last visit to Dalhousie: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 15, 2008

• umashanker's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2009 at 7:06 AM

Dalhousie is certainly more peaceful hill station.Thanks for sharing.

• timada's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2008 at 9:33 AM

Nice little page ...you have wonderful pictures !

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2008 at 5:44 AM

What a nice start! Why not more pics and text on Dalhousie and McLeodganj. You can add many. Me and Boudi was there in 1996 for 10 days. We stayed at Yol but all the pics are analogue. Keep it up.

alexandria08

“Dwell in the riches of nature...”

Badges & Stats in Dalhousie

Have you been to Dalhousie?

Latest Activity in Dalhousie