"The "Big City" near this country gal" Reading by SheDragon
Reading Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 29 photos
Although I was raised in Oley and Topton, both small towns, Reading is where you went when you needed something. Reading is not a large city, when compared to nearby cities like Philadelphia and Harrisburg, but it has everything a large city has...good and bad. Reading is best known for its outlet stores, though. As the picture says, Reading, PA is the Outlet Capital of the World!! There's the Vanity Fair Outlets, the 8th St. Outlets...all the stores along Penn Ave are considered outlet stores....and that's not counting the malls, Berkshire and Fairgrounds Square, and the big department stores and super stores that are absolutely everywhere! I can't think of anything you can't buy in Reading! Outside of Reading...as you travel nearer to Kutztown, you can find little shops and stores that sell souvenirs like little hex signs and other PA Dutch items, too. Whatever you want, Reading's got it somewhere!
Our discounted rates for having reserved a block of rooms was around $100/night. I imagine the rack rate would be closer... more travel advice
Written Nov 14, 2001
The Big Wedding
Written Sep 4, 2002
The Professional Wedding Pics
SheDragon's Related Pages
Reading Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reading, PA"
- "Reading PA"
- "Malguy's new Reading Page"
- "Readingnigga's new Reading Page"
- "The "Big City" near this country gal"
- "Visiting Pa you must visit Berks County"
- "Reading PA, more than just outlet shopping"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reading
- Hotels in Reading
- Transportation in Reading
- Nightlife in Reading
- Restaurants in Reading
- Shopping in Reading
- Warnings and Dangers in Reading
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reading
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Reading?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reading
Photos in ReadingSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 22 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Des Moines Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Reading Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Topton Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oley Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos
- Germany Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Berlin Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos