"Once a Mighty Rajput Kingdom" Top 5 Page for this destination Chittaurgarh by lynnehamman
Chittaurgarh Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 102 photos
Chittorgarh town itself is quite unspectacular.It has, however, an amazing history of Rajput bravery & sacrifice, the fort being the epicentre. The town, outside the fort walls, is a dusty, sleepy little place, like so many small cities in Rajasthan.Once an entire population lived within the walls of the fort.
Many of the houses are painted blue, and seemed fairly well kept up however. There are a few shops, and a handful of hotels. I don't think that many tourists actually stay here. Most people pass through on the way to visit the mighty Chittorgarh Fort. We visited on a day trip from Udaipur. We left at 7am in the morning, and arrived at about 10am. The scenery along the way is beautiful, so we stopped a lot, and took photographs. The road to Chittorgarh is good, and there were not very many cars along the way.
I have given information on Chittorgarh Fort in the tip section.
This amazing old lady has been selling these postcards most of her life outside Chittorgargh. She is 101 years old.
Colours are bright in Rajasthan- look at the way this little princess is dressed
This amazing old lady has been selling postcards outside the fort for most of her life. She says that she is 100 years... more travel advice
Richard climbed this impressive tower. Its a long way up. This 13th century tower commemorates victory in a battle.... more travel advice
lynnehamman's Related Pages
Chittaurgarh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Once a Mighty Rajput Kingdom"
- "~ Chittaurgarh ~"
- "Chittaurgarh - Beautiful Fort"
- "Chittaurgarh - Love, War and Jauhar"
- "Chittorgarh - Fortress of Honor"
- "Honor and Bravery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chittaurgarh
- Hotels in Chittaurgarh
- Transportation in Chittaurgarh
- Restaurants in Chittaurgarh
- Warnings and Dangers in Chittaurgarh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chittaurgarh
- 7 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Chittaurgarh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chittaurgarh
- Posted in Travel Port Elizabeth Forum "Re: All day driver"
- Commented on one of lynnehamman's Chittaurgarh tips
- updated a Chittaurgarh Travel Page "Once a Mighty Rajput Kingdom"
- Wrote a Review 100 years old & going strong in Chittaurgarh Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "100 years old & going strong"
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 40 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 28 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Delhi Intro, 27 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos
- Varanasi Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jodhpur Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- Khasab Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue