"Pierre_Rouss Province of Québec page" Province of Quebec by Pierre_Rouss

Province of Quebec Travel Guide: 6,678 reviews and 15,080 photos

To talk about Québec province is a pleasure. It's a large and diverse province, from the Northern ice fields and toundra, to the Eastern Atlantic coast, to the softwood and hardwood forests that covers still a big portion of it.

It's been called a 'distinct' society, not as much different, better or special as some of the English Canada often seem to want to interpret it.
More factual like, guess what... we speak French here, with the occasional English speaking pockets (some Eastern township and border villages), Montreal which is very bilingual.
But also, a different civil code, more French (from France) in our customs and cuisine, haha some resentment toward the Queen (not too much).

I can try to make you understand our beautiful culture and the people.

Pierre

• Pros:We speak French here
  • Cons:We speak French here
  • In a nutshell:Good and welcoming people, great landscapes!
  • Last visit to Province of Quebec: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 26, 2003

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2008 at 6:00 AM

Pierre..thanks for the insider view. My son was recently in Riviere Ouelle and Orleans for vacation. I hope to return to Riviere Ouelle to continue family search. (father's side) Loved your story about family house.

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2004 at 5:35 AM

Beautiful photographs here. I really enjoyed my time on the Gaspe Peninsula, as you said I remember the locals being very friendly. Next time I'd like to visit the islands. Thanks for the info!

• Aug 23, 2004 at 4:05 PM

My family is also from Quebec and many generations ago from France. I liked reading your page very much. E

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2004 at 1:30 PM

I would like to see this village instead of the larger cities. You have made it sound like a wonderful place to have ancestors from and for us to visit.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2003 at 7:18 PM

Pierre - a fantastic into page on Quebec! The Isles de la Madeleine , Ile d'Orleans and the Gaspe are amazing places to visit! Thanks for reminding me!!

• Dec 16, 2003 at 5:46 PM

Nice page - it's hard to do justice to such a huge Province, but your tips and pics really show how beautiful it can be!

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2003 at 12:43 PM

wonderful area! wow and some ancestral (?) house! beautiful pics....so u still got the patch eh .. joyeux fêtes!

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2003 at 10:27 PM

Funny, that lexicon. Why was the house called Trois Pistoles? It's a great tip and I featured it for the main page.

• deadites's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2003 at 10:14 PM

Merci pour la Lexique quebecois.. As if it wasn't confusing enough to begin with, now I gotta learn it a whole new way!!! :)

Pierre_Rouss

“in Rome, like the Roman”

Badges & Stats in Province of Quebec

Have you been to Province of Quebec?