"Pierre_Rouss's Besancon, Franche-Conté and Juras r" Top 5 Page for this destination Besançon by Pierre_Rouss
Besançon Travel Guide: 134 reviews and 417 photos
Besancon is very nice, you can spend a couple of days to visit the city. You should circle the countryside to visit the Jura, Doubs, Haute-Saône region.
As mentioned in my France homepage, I chose Besancon as my Franche-Conté and Juras region anchor city. It is the capital of Doubs département, Franche-Comté région. The Franche-Conté and Juras region is located East of France, along the Swiss border and North of the Alpes.
It is a magnificent region not very well-known, with a mix of low and high mountains, around the plain where Besancon is located. A lot of interesting geological wonders can be found in this region. I suggest that you play 'Connect the dots' with a couple of 'dots' on your itinerary, and drive at random trying to find them, and don't be afraid to jump over a mountain to see what is on the other side.
Neuchatel in Switzerland is a few hours South of Besancon.
Paths are cushioned, trees are moldy, with some fog the place is gloomy. Classification: Hiking , Photography , Site... more travel advice
Not the most renowned wine around, but excellent. Think about the red and white wines, but also the yellow wines and... more travel advice
Pierre_Rouss' Related Pages
Besançon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vauban was here"
- "Hidden treasures of Besançon in Franche-Comté"
- "TOWN OF ART AND HISTORY"
- "Pierre_Rouss's Besancon, Franche-Conté and Juras r"
- "Yellow Wine, Comte Cheese, Spas & Sports"
- "Besançon - the capital of Franche Comté"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Besançon
- Hotels in Besançon
- Transportation in Besançon
- Nightlife in Besançon
- Restaurants in Besançon
- Warnings and Dangers in Besançon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Besançon
- 12 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Besançon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Besançon
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 90 reviews, 72 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 31 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 34 reviews, 20 photos
- Canada Intro, 2 reviews, 49 photos, 12 travelogues
- Plymouth Intro, 26 reviews, 24 photos
- Wales Intro, 27 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 21 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue