"Pierre_Rouss's Nimes and the Rhône Delta Page" Nîmes by Pierre_Rouss
Nîmes Travel Guide: 235 reviews and 528 photos
Nîmes is very nice, you can spend a couple of days to visit the city. You should circle the countryside to visit the whole Rhône delta, Provence nearby, le Massif Central.
As mentioned in my France homepage, I chose Nîmes as my Rhône delta region anchor city. The region is located completly South of France.
It is a magnificent region, the weather is very clement, the people have hot temper too, the food is great with influence of Italy. The Roman populated the area and left hample number of ruins and sites to visit. I suggest that you play 'Connect the dots' with a couple of 'dots' on your itinerary, and drive at random trying to find them, and don't be afraid to sit down, have a glass of wine listening to the sicada (cigale).
Pont du Gard This ancient roman viaduc is still standing after 2000+ years. Now the bridge exists about 300m long, 49m... more travel advice
La Camargue This part of the Rhônes delta contains salty marshes, dry lands, that host a huge range of wild life. The... more travel advice
Pierre_Rouss' Related Pages
Nîmes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A very french break"
- "NIMES AND PONT DU GARD"
- "For the Roman remains, of course......."
- "Nimes, and Pont du Gard"
- "Roman Nimes"
- "Nimes in 24 hours! by Ryanair"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nîmes
- Hotels in Nîmes
- Transportation in Nîmes
- Nightlife in Nîmes
- Restaurants in Nîmes
- Shopping in Nîmes
- Warnings and Dangers in Nîmes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nîmes
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Nîmes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nîmes
Photos in NîmesSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 90 reviews, 72 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 31 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 34 reviews, 20 photos
- Canada Intro, 2 reviews, 49 photos, 12 travelogues
- Plymouth Intro, 26 reviews, 24 photos
- Wales Intro, 27 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 21 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue