"Ocean, Beer, Food" kellinwood's Profile

I Love the Ocean

Some of my favorite activities in and around the ocean are sailing, yacht racing, body surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, whale watching, and simply sitting and staring at the sea.

I recently moved to Kailua, Hawaii - a laid back beach town. As a result, my relationship with the ocean has expanded in new directions.

Favorite Food: A Good Burger

This should tell you something about my preferences for dining. I'm more comfortable in a local dive than a high-end place with fancy cuisine. I actively seek out the best in casual establishments. Some of the most memberable meals I've had were in true dives.

Great Beer

In 1987 I got bitten by the home brewing bug. For the eight years that followed I brewed a batch every couple of months learning all I could about the craft. Road trips with my buddies inevitably included stopping at local microbreweries to sample the suds. Several trips were made to San Fransisco solely for the purpose of visiting the Anchor Brewery. You can get a taste for my passion by reading this.

Dolphins

This photo was taken during a yacht race off Redondo Beach, California. I didn't take the photo since I was busy sailing the boat you see on the right side of the picture.

• Intro Updated Mar 26, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
kellinwood's Profile Photo

kellinwood

“I Love the Ocean! - VT Staff Member since Sept 2008.”

Real Name
Ken Ellinwood
Location
Kailua, Hawaii (State of)
Member Since