Flying.Scotsman's profile photo

Athlone

Travel Map

Personal Pages (1)

MelodyS9 May 3, 2016 at 3:23 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Can't remember restaurant I ate at walking away from the Wenceslas Statue/Muzeum Metro '. You've been a huge help.

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs Apr 30, 2016 at 10:52 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'France driving trip late May/early June'. I appreciate your advice.

Amyfredjo's Profile Photo
Amyfredjo Apr 29, 2016 at 7:29 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Last minute Highlands/Island (June) agenda, please assist?'. Thanks for the different perspective!
Could this be altered to be Tobermorry instead of Oban? Or a little Oban/mostly Tobermorry? This is because we did a Rabbies tour last summer and Oban was one of our stops. We enjoyed it greatly for a few hours including a lovely lunch at the famous seafood green shack! Delightful and the weather was so gorgeous I had to buy sunglasses. We also stopped very briefly in Inverary (30 minutes if that). Long enough to have a shot of whisky, wave driving by the castle and buy two "tams". The oysters sound FABULOUS, as we as gigantic seafood fans, but wondering should this also be tweaked since we were technically there. Your thoughts appreciated.
The rest is great. I need to pull all of this together incombination with Dabs input. I will wait to do that until I hear what you say about Tobermorry. I so appreciate the help!

• Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo
    Flying.Scotsman Apr 29, 2016 at 2:37 PM

I'm glad the information has helped you. We were in Tobermory many years ago when the children were very small, and loved it. Tobermory's colourful houses and lovely harbour are quite magical. I'm giving you a link with ferry and bus times and fares from Oban to Tobermory. www.travelinescotland.com If you take a car over then it will be faster but more expensive. The Oyster Bar I mentioned is about 8 miles from Inveraray near Cairndow on the way to Glasgow / Stirling, so you could still stop there (if driving) as long as you timed it right. Let me know if you need any more information. Bruce

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Dabs Apr 29, 2016 at 8:43 PM

This sounds a bit like what we're thinking about doing on this August's trip, I had Oban and Mull on the short list. Amyfredjo, did you see Loch Awe/Kilchurn on your Rabbie's trip? If not, give it a look, I did it on my Rabbie's trip and it was the best part of my day.

happpymike's Profile Photo
happpymike Apr 17, 2016 at 5:28 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Jiujiu Holiday Hotel, Shanghai!'. I appreciate your advice.

sofiaana's Profile Photo
sofiaana Apr 13, 2016 at 10:14 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Fifteen days in London'. I appreciate your advice.

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs Mar 4, 2016 at 11:02 AM

We're talking about our Scotland trip to coincide with the Loch Lomond swim again (and maybe a 2nd one in Loch Ard). Would be lovely to see you if you'll be in the area! The 1st swim is Aug 27 and the 2nd is Sept 3

• Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo
    Flying.Scotsman Mar 25, 2016 at 6:36 AM

Apologies for not answering sooner. Unfortunately we'll be in Fife on the 27th (I have a craft fair in St Andrews), but should be in Balloch on the 3rd so would be able to get to Loch Ard easily enough. Let us know your exact movements closer to the time and we'll try to meet up. Look forward to seeing you again. Marlies and Bruce

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Dabs Mar 25, 2016 at 9:02 AM

I'll let you know! Still in the process of booking things and figuring out the route :-)

annesophia's Profile Photo
annesophia Feb 17, 2016 at 10:22 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'how to get back to Rome from France'. You've been a huge help.

av101773's Profile Photo
av101773 Feb 9, 2016 at 8:28 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Very early morning journey to airport'. Thanks Bruce. I was thinking about giving them a call. Cheers.

hunterV's Profile Photo
hunterV Jan 2, 2016 at 8:19 AM

Happy birthday, Bruce!

angiebabe's Profile Photo
angiebabe Jan 2, 2016 at 7:51 AM

Happy Birthday and Happy New Year Bruce, hope youre having a nice day today whatever the weather - a good friend of mine who lives in Lochinver has flown to Jordan she thought for better weather - the sun came out a bit while she was at Wadi Rhum overnight for NYE and then it snowed...i tried to tell her lol! so shes inside tryng to keep warm but hope youre faring much better wherever you are!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Bwana_Brown Jan 3, 2016 at 8:17 AM

Happy Birthday to you Flying.Scotsman! All the best to you from Bwana_Brown.