Flying.Scotsman's profile photo

Travel Map

Personal Pages (1)

meeson's Profile Photo
meeson Jun 25, 2016 at 12:14 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'friends visa'. I appreciate your advice.

VRDAKWAL's Profile Photo
VRDAKWAL May 23, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Budget Food options'. You've been a huge help.

meeson's Profile Photo
meeson May 13, 2016 at 5:49 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'flights from luton'. I appreciate your advice.

NERAMALA May 12, 2016 at 3:18 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'TRIP TO UK'. You've been a huge help.

lucy321's Profile Photo
lucy321 May 11, 2016 at 3:24 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Oban and islands mainly'. I appreciate your advice.

dragontml's Profile Photo
dragontml May 9, 2016 at 9:48 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'What is the best location to stay in Rome?'. I appreciate your advice.

evaanna's Profile Photo
evaanna May 7, 2016 at 2:31 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Need advice on our itinerary in Scotland '. You've been a huge help.

MelodyS9 May 3, 2016 at 3:23 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Can't remember restaurant I ate at walking away from the Wenceslas Statue/Muzeum Metro '. You've been a huge help.

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs Apr 30, 2016 at 10:52 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'France driving trip late May/early June'. I appreciate your advice.

Amyfredjo's Profile Photo
Amyfredjo Apr 29, 2016 at 7:29 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Last minute Highlands/Island (June) agenda, please assist?'. Thanks for the different perspective!
Could this be altered to be Tobermorry instead of Oban? Or a little Oban/mostly Tobermorry? This is because we did a Rabbies tour last summer and Oban was one of our stops. We enjoyed it greatly for a few hours including a lovely lunch at the famous seafood green shack! Delightful and the weather was so gorgeous I had to buy sunglasses. We also stopped very briefly in Inverary (30 minutes if that). Long enough to have a shot of whisky, wave driving by the castle and buy two "tams". The oysters sound FABULOUS, as we as gigantic seafood fans, but wondering should this also be tweaked since we were technically there. Your thoughts appreciated.
The rest is great. I need to pull all of this together incombination with Dabs input. I will wait to do that until I hear what you say about Tobermorry. I so appreciate the help!

• Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo
    Flying.Scotsman Apr 29, 2016 at 2:37 PM

I'm glad the information has helped you. We were in Tobermory many years ago when the children were very small, and loved it. Tobermory's colourful houses and lovely harbour are quite magical. I'm giving you a link with ferry and bus times and fares from Oban to Tobermory. www.travelinescotland.com If you take a car over then it will be faster but more expensive. The Oyster Bar I mentioned is about 8 miles from Inveraray near Cairndow on the way to Glasgow / Stirling, so you could still stop there (if driving) as long as you timed it right. Let me know if you need any more information. Bruce

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Dabs Apr 29, 2016 at 8:43 PM

This sounds a bit like what we're thinking about doing on this August's trip, I had Oban and Mull on the short list. Amyfredjo, did you see Loch Awe/Kilchurn on your Rabbie's trip? If not, give it a look, I did it on my Rabbie's trip and it was the best part of my day.