"My fantastic student's life..." Top 5 Page for this destination Brno by Veroali

Brno Travel Guide: 468 reviews and 1,016 photos

Calm town

Brno is a city with population 380000, which is second biggest city in the Czech republic. It is located in southern Moravia.

Specific for Moravia: wine, friendly people, slivovice (kind of alcohol), keeping local customs and different language (we do undestand each other, just some words are absolutelly different.
Villages in Moravia are pretty clean and people really take care of their gardens. Here is in average warmer wheater than the rest of Czech.

If you gonna go to visit south Moravia or Brno - dont miss wine cellars, chateaus and Petrov.

A lot of trees and flowers ...

Brno is a green city. It lies among hills and you are in the nature in 15 min from the center.

Great memories

I have been living in Brno for 5 years. It is going to be finished soon and i don't want. I didn't like Brno at the beginning, because it seemed to be small in comparison to Prague and tooo calm. But while studying at the university, i discovered the beauty of this city. For student's (night)life is the best. Not too big, not too small. Apparently, the population of Brno is 300 000 people and 70 000 students studying here. I have met a lot of people and friends here. I have enjoyed here so much and will miss it even more!!!

• Pros:Friendly and green city
  • Intro Updated Jul 10, 2009

• picek's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2010 at 5:01 AM

Great place and page. My last visit to Brno was some years ago when I went to see Ratos De Porao in Yacht club; was so much fun :) I look forward to read more of your Czech pages.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2010 at 1:53 PM

One of the places I visited on my very first overseas tour. I remember the bus stopped on the outskirts somewhere and that I had the best ever "hotdog" here ;-)

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2009 at 12:41 AM

I stayed here for one night !Great memories...

• planxty's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Veronika, wonderful Brno page, it brought back many happy memories, and a great start to your VT pages. Best wishes, fergy

• Behi's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Thanks for sharing your wonderful part of the world.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I once stayed one night in Brno and what I saw I liked :) Hope that you get to visit in the future again!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2009 at 3:52 AM

Nice city and places to pay a visit to...

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2008 at 2:05 AM

Veronika, nice pictures and tips on your Brno page.Will look into your other pages a bit later.Great to have you back here.Cheers, Ketan.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Fabulous start with brilliant photos here. Brno is still on my must-visit list.

Veroali Used To Live Here!

Veroali

“There is enough light for one who wants to see”

Badges & Stats in Brno