"Dolphin Watching and Manjuyod Sandbar" Bais City by maribeldizon
Bais City Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 31 photos
Before going to Dumaguete, arrange for your Dolphin watching and Manjuyod Sandbar Tour. You can call Bais Toursim office (+63 35 402-8338). The Boats of the Tourism office was not available during our trip so a staff (Yan Yan) helped us by referring us to a private boat owner.
Rebecca the very charming boat owner ( +63 905-961-4678) went to our hotel to discuss the details of our tour the next day.
the whole day tour includes -dolphin watching, mangrove park and the manjuyod sandbar. you can also request the boat captain to bring you to an area where you can snorkel. The boat rate is P3,000, their boat has a capacity of 10 pax. We were also picked up at our hotel in Bais.
Angel, the boat captain and brother of Rebecca, picked us up in our hotel in Bais. The tricyle was just right for 3 passengers :) The ride to the wharf was quick and Rebecca was there to welcome us. Angel was also a good tour guide and he used to be the boat captain of one of the boats of Bais Tourism. The dolphins was really a sight! It was worth waking up early.
We would pass fishermen in their small boats and Angel helped us buy their day's catch. Fresh fish and shells, we know as Uni in japanese restaurants. These his assistant grilled and prepared for our lunch.
There are cottages in stilts that you can rent for the day or overnight (P2500) but we opt to just have our lunch in the boat) The boat owner can prepare your pack lunch or you can buy them in the city or your hotel.
- Pros:A quiet city where you can relax
- Cons:For Bais City tour make prior arrangements, to be allowed entry in the private ancestral homes and the Central Azucarera de Bais
Bais City is synonymous to Dolphin watching and Majuyod Sandbar. Although the Sandbar belongs to the town of Majuyod it... more travel advice
maribeldizon's Related Pages
Bais City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of Dolphins and A Long Sand Bar"
- "Dolphin Watching and Manjuyod Sandbar"
- "Dolphin Watching in Bais"
- "white sand and dolphins!!!"
- "Bais City"
- "Bais City, Philippines"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bais City
- Hotels in Bais City
- Transportation in Bais City
- Restaurants in Bais City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bais City
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bais City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bais City
Top 5 Pages
- Bantayan Island Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Boracay Island 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Quezon 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Bais City Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Dumaguete City Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos