"We all came from Africa" South Africa by jumpingnorman
South Africa Travel Guide: 11,761 reviews and 27,778 photos
First sight of an elephant (can you spot its outline/silhoutte in this picture?)against a magnificent backdrop of mountain, clouds and sunlight. This is Africa - where the first humans probably came from - where we all came from! I don't know but the trees look fuller with life and the animals definitely wilder! So rich with life is my first impression of it. Of course, we should not forget Sudan, Chad and other devasteted parts like terror-stricken Darfur --- that's the sad part of this continent. But here in South Africa, things are much better!
UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!
I made a video combining my African safari experience with what I saw at the Cape Town Aquarium all in one day! haha!
Hope you like this video:
I am not a big bad wolf but those three little pigs ran so fast as I was trying to chase them with my digital camera --- not a good idea with lions around. But these safaris are great because they give you the chance to see the "Big Five" animals (so called because they are the top 5 animals hard to hunt on foot) which include the lion, the elephant, the African buffalo, the leopard and rhino. My Big 5 included the safari adventures, eating good food at Cape Town Harbor, going up Table Top Mountain, visiting Robben Island where Mandela was imprisoned, and visiting the Apartheid Museum. But for this country, I really need a Big 100 things to do!
I saw this huge kelp-like object by the Cape of Good Hope, the most southwestern tip of the African continent. So I got it and swung it up in the air as the other tourist clicked my photo in awe and admiration. Fortunately, the seaweed did not land on my head. It was heavy.
- Pros:Loved the Elephants
- Cons:Loved the Elephants Too Much
- In a nutshell:South Africa has so much to offer (other than elephants)
The tour of Robben Island is special because after a bus ride to the prison itself, you are greeted by one of the... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
South Africa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A world in one country!"
- "A peek into a great country"
- "SUNNY SOUTH AFRICA not at the moment its raining"
- "South Africa Road Trip"
- "South Africa"
- "South Africa - We had a wonderful World Cup!"
- "The Splendour of South Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Africa
- Hotels in South Africa
- Transportation in South Africa
- Nightlife in South Africa
- Restaurants in South Africa
- Shopping in South Africa
- Warnings and Dangers in South Africa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Africa
- 28 Reviews
- 137 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to South Africa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Africa
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to pass time at airports?"
- updated a South Africa Travel Page "We all came from Africa"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Guess Who's Jumping in South Africa?"
- Commented on one of afrette's South Africa travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to South Africa
- Wrote a Review Robben Island Tour with ex-prisoner in South Africa Things to Do
Videos in South AfricaSee All Videos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
Top South Africa hotels
- Cape Town Hotels
- 2631 Reviews - 6062 Photos
- Johannesburg Hotels
- 1062 Reviews - 2176 Photos
- Durban Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 844 Photos
- Pretoria Hotels
- 394 Reviews - 700 Photos
- Port Elizabeth Hotels
- 92 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Sun City Hotels
- 311 Reviews - 834 Photos
- East London Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Clarens Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 58 Photos
- Umhlanga Rocks Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Knysna Hotels
- 166 Reviews - 328 Photos
- Nelspruit Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 44 Photos
- Skukuza Hotels
- 9 Hotels
- Oudtshoorn Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 234 Photos
- Hluhluwe Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Pietermaritzburg Hotels
- 29 Reviews - 48 Photos