"Jumping Around Kulusuk which has POPN: 300!!!!" Kulusuk by jumpingnorman

Kulusuk Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 71 photos

I found a plane that left for a small town on the east side of Greenland - KULUSUK.

I have seen pictures of it before and it looked very interesting, so when I had the opportunity, I grabbed it!

And wow, I was not disappointed at all. The weather was great and my pictures turned out sooooo well....

Greenland is truly untamed --- this town just had 300 inhabitants called Inuits (don't call them Eskimos!). I think Inuit means "meat-eating".

You walk about 30-40 minutes from the airport to reach the little town and you pass by the amazing scenery which is actually across the Arctic tundra with Arctic flowers and glacier buttercups!

Truly an amazing sight...we even had to glide down the snow on our butts (steep downhill hike). I have put a video of it on VT.

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!
I made a video of my Kulusuk trip!
Hope you like it!
JUMPING NORMAN IN GREENLAND!

• Last visit to Kulusuk: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Mar 22, 2013

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2011 at 6:39 AM

Fascinating page, Norman! I would luv to visit Greenland!! Luv the great stories you share here about the people & their way of life! I am very sad they tie their dogs up though. Wish I had been on your postcard list when you visited here!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM

It looks like you would beat your drum to here again for the friendship and wonderful scenery. Great job of the pictures and comments.

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Great tip and photo with the locals.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Excellent pg Norman. It is good to know about the Native Peoples. Sometimes because acohol is illegal they resort to making their home brew and most of the time it can be not safe and eventually affected them. Love the HP, it almost looks like a model.

• Zvrlj's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Very interesting stories about the place we'll probably never see. But, who knows... Thanks for visiting our Prague page :-)

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2009 at 7:15 AM

S U R R E A L indeed! Lucky U!

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Amazing tips!!!!! Thanks for sharing Norman!!!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2009 at 5:03 AM

Interesting tips on a very unusual destination!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2009 at 5:30 AM

Norman, you never cease to amaze me. Your VT name should be amazingnorman. I just love how you see an opportunity to visit such a remote place and you just go - just like that. awesome!!!

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2009 at 11:36 PM

GAH! Greenland!!! You rode a Fokker! I wanna ride a Fokker too!!!!! GREAT page!

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Badges & Stats in Kulusuk

Have you been to Kulusuk?

Videos in Kulusuk