"Jumping Around El Paso!" Top 5 Page for this destination El Paso by jumpingnorman
El Paso Travel Guide: 216 reviews and 615 photos
During our 2009 April Roadtrip, we did drive to El Paso after visiting some aliens in Roswell.
The most I know of El Paso is that there is a restaurant near our home which was named after it and it had one of the best rack of ribs I’ve ever had!
But upon entering this wonderful city, my wife suddenly got excited! Right out on the freeway was a huge outlet store…oh my…in my mind, I was already thinking I will just leave her there with her best friend (Marian who was visiting from the Philippines and was with us – and who loves shopping too) while I take the kids somewhere --- and so I did just as I planned.
The next day, the twins and myself had a great time exploring the Franklin Mountains Park while my wife was busy shopping.
But other than the amazing shopping centers, this place really has a lot to offer! The downtown made you feel like you were really in Mexico – especially when the border is just a few miles away (Juarez). Downtown was filled with several wonderful discount small shops/clothes/loud dance music …just like when I visited Cancun’s downtown shopping district.
Unfortunately, we were going round this city just before all the hype about the so-called H1N1 virus outbreak in Mexico City (otherwise known as the Swine Flu). But all of us turned out okay...
Then, there were amazing views to be had at a SCENIC ROUTE which you should not miss – it offers a great view of the whole city (the WELLS FARGO building dominating the skyline --- I like WF, we have an account with them but it's now probably LESS with the El Paso Shopping, hehehe). Have to go back to work!
- Pros:Lots of Shopping for wife to be preoccupied
- Cons:Lots of Shopping for wife to be preoccupied, hehehe
Franklin Mountains State Park After dropping off my wife at the shopping mall, the twins and myself headed off a... more travel advice
We just got back from the El Paso Zoo, and now we are eating at a nice taco place here in El Paso. The kids loved... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
El Paso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Sun City"
- "Jumping Around El Paso!"
- "El Paso: City of Sun and Sharp Contrasts"
- "Basaic El Paso Page"
- "El Paso, Texas"
- "El Paso appears not to be Bush country"
- "El Paso"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Paso
- Hotels in El Paso
- Transportation in El Paso
- Nightlife in El Paso
- Restaurants in El Paso
- Shopping in El Paso
- Warnings and Dangers in El Paso
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Paso
- 11 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to El Paso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Paso
Photos in El PasoSee All Photos (24)
Videos in El PasoSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues