"Jumping Around El Paso!" Top 5 Page for this destination El Paso by jumpingnorman

El Paso Travel Guide: 216 reviews and 615 photos

During our 2009 April Roadtrip, we did drive to El Paso after visiting some aliens in Roswell.

The most I know of El Paso is that there is a restaurant near our home which was named after it and it had one of the best rack of ribs I’ve ever had!

But upon entering this wonderful city, my wife suddenly got excited! Right out on the freeway was a huge outlet store…oh my…in my mind, I was already thinking I will just leave her there with her best friend (Marian who was visiting from the Philippines and was with us – and who loves shopping too) while I take the kids somewhere --- and so I did just as I planned.

The next day, the twins and myself had a great time exploring the Franklin Mountains Park while my wife was busy shopping.

But other than the amazing shopping centers, this place really has a lot to offer! The downtown made you feel like you were really in Mexico – especially when the border is just a few miles away (Juarez). Downtown was filled with several wonderful discount small shops/clothes/loud dance music …just like when I visited Cancun’s downtown shopping district.

Unfortunately, we were going round this city just before all the hype about the so-called H1N1 virus outbreak in Mexico City (otherwise known as the Swine Flu). But all of us turned out okay...

Then, there were amazing views to be had at a SCENIC ROUTE which you should not miss – it offers a great view of the whole city (the WELLS FARGO building dominating the skyline --- I like WF, we have an account with them but it's now probably LESS with the El Paso Shopping, hehehe). Have to go back to work!

• Pros:Lots of Shopping for wife to be preoccupied
  • Cons:Lots of Shopping for wife to be preoccupied, hehehe
  • Last visit to El Paso: Apr 2009
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2009

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Good shopping and you got the whole family in the mood it looks like. YOUr daughter pose is precious

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 2:11 PM

By coincidence I went to El Paso in 1964 (my only visit so far) but I don't remember anything about Chamizal or a border conflict. A friend of mine was teaching there at the time, and he knew a then-famous author who showed us all around.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Wonderful Zoo and I think your right, looks like they could spend a little money towards some kind of monument. Nice page!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2009 at 4:40 AM

~ Hi, Norman! Wonderful new pages! Well done! ><><><

• cjg1's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2009 at 6:09 AM

Shopping would be one way to get Liz here...that and the zoo.... Hope the wife didn't break the bank shopping...lol

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Nice photos from the scenic route! And the zoo sounds nice to visit!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2009 at 6:26 AM

Wow Norman, you and your family sure saw a lot of wonderful things. and you've done up your pages so quickly and superbly. I'm impressed.

• tomorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2009 at 12:33 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed the Franklin mountains park. I climbed to the top of the mountain 17 years ago.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2009 at 2:34 AM

I'm glad to be the first at this your new page, Norman! I wonder if the whole earth was marked down up to 80% in that shop, haha!

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Badges & Stats in El Paso

Have you been to El Paso?

Latest Activity in El Paso