"Jumping Around Roswell! The Aliens Have Landed!" Top 5 Page for this destination Roswell by jumpingnorman
Roswell Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 169 photos
The first time I saw the UFO Museum in Roswell, I was thinking it should have a better façade. The parking is at the side of the building and museum is at the main road itself, with fast cars passing by. But then, this is where it all started and so we just have to be happy about having such a unique museum.
The events of July 1947 are still shrouded in mystery, despite these times of declassification. It was because of so much interest in the UFO crash that the International UFO Museum and Research Center was incorporated in 1991 and the IRS made it eventually a non-profit organization.
But the town has benefitted from the alien invasion…there are signs of big-headed wide-eyed aliens everywhere…and Roswell has been the butt of alien jokes for so long --- so the city seems to be intent on creating a new Roswell. The Art Museums and Galleries that are popping out are signs that the area may be headed towards a more global tourism destination.
However, just driving a few blocks away from the city center, you cannot help but notice that there is still so much room for improvement. There are already several hotels/motels and restaurants, but there probably needs to be more industry so that this “alienated” city will prosper even more.
In the 1870-80’s, Roswell was actually the watering place for the Pecos Valley cattle drives, established earlier by Van Smith of Nebraska with his business partner Aaron Wilburn. Smith later named the settlement after his dad, Roswell Smith.
Then in 1930’s Dr. Robert Goddard actually conducted experiments here on liquid fuel rocket flights and now there is a planetarium in his honor.
I made a short video of us in Rosell, New Mexico!
Hope you like this spooky alien video:
JUMPING FAMILY IN ROSWELL!
- Pros:I love UFO's, and town is trying to expand horizons
- Cons:The town needs more investors into the area (aliens?)
- In a nutshell:For naysayers, "Let us give Roswell a chance to grow..."
So, just cross the street and have a snack at this nicely named Cafe -- Not of this World. But actually, the place is... more travel advice
Driving through the main road of Roswell, you won’t miss this little Plaza called the Roswell Pioneer Plaza. It is right... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Roswell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jumping Around Roswell! The Aliens Have Landed!"
- "The truth is out there"
- "Out of This World Town?"
- "Aliens came for a reason."
- "Roswell, NM--My Home Town"
- "Roswell, New Mexico - a.k.a. Crash town, Alientown"
- "Roswell New Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Roswell
- Hotels in Roswell
- Nightlife in Roswell
- Restaurants in Roswell
- Shopping in Roswell
- Warnings and Dangers in Roswell
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Roswell
- 10 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Roswell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roswell
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Getting ready for cyclone Ita"
- Commented on one of jumpingnorman's Roswell tips
- updated a Roswell Travel Page "Jumping Around Roswell! The Aliens Have Landed!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Internet Cafe in front of UFO Museum"
- Wrote a Review Internet Cafe in front of UFO Museum in Roswell Restaurants
Photos in RoswellSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues