"Jumping Around Rock Hound State Park!" Rock Hound State Park by jumpingnorman
Rock Hound State Park Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 29 photos
We were on the way to Tucson, Arizona from Las Cruces, New Mexico when we passed by a city called Deming on I-10. There was sign saying Red Hound State Park, and so we followed the signs which seemed to be getting closer to the wonderful mountains…
There were 2 police cars following us for some reason, and so I just drove 5 miles below the 55 mile/hour speed limit…In about 10 miles, we were at the foot of the mountain. And so, we took great pictures of the majestic mountain in the background.
The Red Hound State Park just has a simple sign which has instructions on how much to pay if you want to stay in the park (it looked like it was $15? Per night – their website might have a better breakdown on how much to pay.
But my good VT friend Jim (VTer Basaic who has very comprehensive Arizona pages) has commented: "It is $5 for day use and $8 to $18 for camping depending on if you want electricity, water, sewage"
There weren’t too many cars that we encountered and this is definitely an off-the-beaten-path destination…but this must be a favorite spot for RV/motorhome vacationers.
There is another park just beside this Red Hound Park which is just about 2 miles away but we did not go there anymore because we had to get to Tucson before it gets dark!
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Rock Hound State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Rock Hound State Park Page"
- "Jumping Around Rock Hound State Park!"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rock Hound State Park
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Rock Hound State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rock Hound State Park
Photos in Rock Hound State ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues