"Jumping Around Wupatki's Sunset Crater Volcano!" Wupatki National Monument by jumpingnorman
Wupatki National Monument Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 337 photos
Sunset Crater Volcano and Wupatki National Monuments are reached via US 89 --- unbelievable that there were lava flows here 800 years ago!
We always pass by this area when we visit Winslow (Meteor Crater), or more recently when we went to Monument Valley (June 2009).
The Navajo families settled in the Wupatki area, brining in the sheep to the land --- you still could see these sheep when you drive through US 89!
The two monuments - Sunset Crater Volcano and the Wupatki - are just separated by a 35 mile loop-road (entrances being 12 miles and 26 miles north of Flagstaff, respectively). they are both open daily except Dec 25 --- and hours vary by season...so check first before you head off there!
From afar, the Sunset Crater Volcano looks so nice and like you want to climb it --- but that is not allowed anymore!... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Wupatki National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wupatki National Monument"
- "Wupatki National Monument~"
- "Sinaguans at a Cultural Crossroads"
- "Wonderful Indian Ruins and History"
- "Beautiful Ruins, Stunning Landscape"
- "Ancient Civilization"
- "Visiting the Pueblos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wupatki National Monument
- Hotels in Wupatki National Monument
- Warnings and Dangers in Wupatki National Monument
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Wupatki National Monument
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Wupatki National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wupatki National Monument
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to pass time at airports?"
- updated a Wupatki National Monument Travel Page "Jumping Around Wupatki's Sunset Crater Volcano!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jumping Around Wupatki's Sunset Crater Volcano!"
- Wrote a Review What you can do around the Sunset Crater? in Wupatki National Monument Things to Do
Photos in Wupatki National MonumentSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues