"Jumping Around Tempe!" Top 5 Page for this destination Tempe by jumpingnorman
Tempe Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 216 photos
The vibrant Arizona State University is located in this wonderful city set in the heart of the picturesque Sonoran desert! Our family goes here often when we want to be entertained - because Tempe always delivers!
We just finished Easter 2013, and it is weird that I just found through my pictures here on VT that we were there on same day 4 years ago! Haha...well, this time, I made a video! Hope you like this:
Tempe is home to triathlons, marathons, Broadway shows and college sports! Major attractions include the Tempe Town Lake, the Papago Park, and the Mill Avenue District ---- there is so much to write about and so just bear with me as I fill these pages with pictures and tips for visitors to Arizona....
The college started in 1885, and now it has four campuses with more than 200 programs and majors, and with about 67,000 students! The Sun Devil Stadium was built on "A" mountain, where you can hike up to.
There's great shops and entertaining stuff along Mill Ave...and the campus also is also by the Gammage Auditorium which is a grand carousel-looking place designed by our very own Frank Lloyd Wright. Did you know his son helped design the Holy Cross Chapel in Sedona?
There is even a cool underground ASU Art Museum!
- Pros:Amazing lakes and boat rides! Family activities!
When in Tempe, you have to check out this wonderful piece of architecture right beside the Tempe Lake! I went on the... more travel advice
So, here I am lounging on a Scottsdale hotel patio right now May 17, 2009- but I plan to take the kids to Tempe Town... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Tempe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tempe - High Class University Town"
- "A few days in Tempe"
- "Jumping Around Tempe!"
- "Great small town atmosphere"
- "My Feelings Toward This Town are Pretty Split"
- "The University Town"
- "Basaic Tempe Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tempe
- Hotels in Tempe
- Transportation in Tempe
- Nightlife in Tempe
- Restaurants in Tempe
- Shopping in Tempe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tempe
- 8 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Tempe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tempe
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Getting ready for cyclone Ita"
- Commented on one of blueskyjohn's Tempe tips
- updated a Tempe Travelogue "A Jumping Wonderful Sunday Around Tempe Town Lake!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Easter Sunday at Kiwanis Lake, Tempe, Arizona 2009"
- Uploaded a Video to Tempe
- Wrote a Review Tempe Center for the Arts in Tempe Things to Do
Photos in TempeSee All Photos (32)
Videos in TempeSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues