"Jumping Around Scottsdale!" Top 5 Page for this destination Scottsdale by jumpingnorman
Scottsdale Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 628 photos
Scottsdale is my kids' playground and I might not be able to write about all the places we bring them to, but these are our favorite places to bring them to when in the area (30-45 minutes from Scottsdale Downtown and not necessarily in Scottsdale):
#1 McCormick Still Man Railroad Park (perfect for their current age - FIVE)
Castles n" Coasters
Crackerjacks Family Fun and Sports Park
Encanto Park and Enchanted island Amusement Park
Fiddlesticks Family Fun Park
Arizona Museum for Youth
Arizona Science Center
Big Surf Water Park
Rawhide Wild West Town
Wild Life World Zoo (way west side of town)
For some, Scottsdale would bring in the images of fabulous luxury stores and luxurious homes near Phoenix --- some might even think of the Taliesin West and the Frank Lloyd Wright Museum....and nature - where you can take scenic drive at the Apache trail which was described by President Theodore Roosevelt as combining the "grandeur of the Alps, the glory of the Rockies, the magnificence of the Grand Canyon and then adds the indefinable something that none of the others have. To me, it is the most beautiful panaroma nature has created."
Wonderful words from Presient T Roosevelt - he would have been a good VTer, hehehe
But for me, Scottsdale is where I bring my kids during weekends. Actually, we're here right now in a hotel resort on a Sunday ( we usually just sleep the Saturday night just to enjoy the magnificent poolside actions like last night - they watched a large open-air screen by the pool - Disney Movie "BOLT")
Because of the many rich people driving the Bentleys, Maseratis and Porsches and going to their multimillion homes with great views of the Camelback Mountains, this place has also been dubbed "SNOTsdale" - hehehe....
North Scottsdale is the place if you want to be IN with the glamorous...so we're here now, hehehe...
I read somewhere that Hollywood kid Frankie Nunez from "Malcolm in the Middle" lives here now, and of course, everybody knows that super porn star Jenna Jameson lives here as well (I haven't seen her around yet...but I always go to Whole Foods just in case...hehehe)
The PGA Tour’s FBR Open is the largest event in Scottsdale, with half a million golf enthusiasts attending in February.... more travel advice
When we had a VT Meet (with Joiwatani, Basaic, Avsent and Daytrippers), we chose the Grimaldi's Pizzeria at Peoria due... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Scottsdale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "High End in the MIddle of the metro region"
- "Jumping Around Scottsdale!"
- "Scottsdale, Arizona"
- "Scottsdale Has Grown Beyond Belief"
- "susie margaret and scottsdale, arizona, USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scottsdale
- Hotels in Scottsdale
- Transportation in Scottsdale
- Nightlife in Scottsdale
- Restaurants in Scottsdale
- Shopping in Scottsdale
- Warnings and Dangers in Scottsdale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scottsdale
- 18 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Scottsdale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scottsdale
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Getting ready for cyclone Ita"
- Wrote a Review Taliesin West by Frank Lloyd Wright in Scottsdale Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hiking Around Scottsdale Perimeter!"
- Uploaded a Video to Scottsdale
- Commented on one of Yaqui's Scottsdale travel pages
- updated a Scottsdale Travel Page "Jumping Around Scottsdale!"
Photos in ScottsdaleSee All Photos (65)
Videos in ScottsdaleSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues