"Phoenix!" Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix by jumpingnorman
Phoenix Travel Guide: 771 reviews and 1,600 photos
After not seeing each other for 42 years, my Mom (widowed for 12 years from my Irish stepfather Charles) and Tito Emie (a widower) fell in love again!
They were married in a solemn ceremony (February 2006) in one of Phoenix's many man-made lake parks...
WHY I CHOSE TO LIVE IN PHOENIX?
I was looking for a place to settle in where it would snow the least, I would earn the most and I would have have a beautiful suburban house close to a major metropolis with a busy airport --- my choices included Las Vegas, my original hometown of San Jose, California, San Diego, and finally, I chose a job in Phoenix!
Although our summers can be painfully hot, we enjoy living in this place which is 4-5 hours from something (San Diego, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and even Mexico are easily reachable by car). The only regret is not having a beach close by --- and so now, that's what we look forward to --- seeing the beaches during our travels!
We are close to the Grand Canyon though and I have probably visited it 50 times! But it's always fun to be close to this natural wonder...
But the longer I live here, the more I realize there's so much too see close to home! Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale and Peoria may not be too tourist-friendly because of limited public transportation --- but the Off-the-Beaten Path adventures are unlimited.
From visiting ruins left by the Sinaguan Indians (Tuzigoot Monument) to Hot-air ballooning ---- from the slippery rocks of Sedona's Slide Rock State Park to the eerie Montezuma Well ....from the huge Saguaro Park of Tucson to the safari experience at Out of Africa in Camp Verde...the list goes on and on...
It's always nice to find out (and be surprised) that there's something close to home that you've never been to...that's what Phoenix is for me.
NOW THAT OUR TWINS ARE BIGGER, we are hiking more and enjoying the many trails around us (as of 2010)...I will try to build some tips of the best hikes we've done as a family here in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
I wrote this article on the many lakes around the Metro Phoenix and adjoining areas (for the Arizona Filipino Forum... more travel advice
July 26, 2009 ---- Wow, this place just beside the Phoenix Zoo is just amazing -- it is a big HOLE in the middle of the... more travel advice
- See All Phoenix Metro Rail
- See All Great Rock Mountains, older Classic...
- See All Pan for Gold near Phoenix - $900 an...
- See All Watch your kids around POOLS/WATER!!!
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Phoenix Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Phoenix, Arizona!"
- "VAlley in the Sun"
- "Phoenix Arizona"
- "Phoenix and Scottsdale--Jewels of the Desert"
- "Spring In The Desert"
- "It's a dry heat!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phoenix
- Hotels in Phoenix
- Transportation in Phoenix
- Nightlife in Phoenix
- Restaurants in Phoenix
- Shopping in Phoenix
- Warnings and Dangers in Phoenix
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phoenix
- 53 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Phoenix?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phoenix
Photos in PhoenixSee All Photos (116)
Videos in PhoenixSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 53 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues