"Jumping Around the BIOSPHERE in Oracle!" Oracle by jumpingnorman
Oracle Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 61 photos
Biosphere 2 is a 3.15-acre (12,700 m2) structure originally built to be a man-made, materially-closed ecological system in Oracle, Arizona by Space Biosphere Ventures.
I have seen this before when I googled about things that I could do near Tucson --- and I finally brought the twins to this amazing complex!
It was like that enclosed science experiment in the movie BIODOME --- a comedy about two odd guys locked up in a self-sustaining "Biodome" for months...I asked the guide if it was filmed there and our guide said, "No, that's only in Hollywood..." But the place looks strikingly similar to the one in the movie...
Yes, the name of the our guide happened to be Norman as well...the twins followed him everywhere!
Well from what I got from the guide, Biosphere 1 is our very own EARTH...this Biosphere 2 was constructed between... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Oracle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Oracle Page"
- "Jumping Around the BIOSPHERE in Oracle!"
- "The Biosphere 2 --- A human controlled eco system"
- "Geoffs New Oracle Page"
- "What a nice surprise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oracle
- Hotels in Oracle
- Restaurants in Oracle
- Warnings and Dangers in Oracle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oracle
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Oracle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oracle
Photos in OracleSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues