"Jumping Around Mesa, Arizona!" Top 5 Page for this destination Mesa by jumpingnorman
Mesa Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 317 photos
It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and we didn't want to just sit in front of the TV while my wife was constructing a mega-doll house for my daughter --- so I asked them all to change and out we went to MESA (40 minutes from our place).
We were not disappointed as Mesa has a lot to offer from Dinosaurs and gold panning at the Museum and yummy eats at its downtown!
Downtown is so walkable and dotted with several giant bronze statues of polar bears, horses, baby bears, baby pigs...a lot of interesting things to see. On top of that, there was even an outdoor crafts fair!
I'm glad we have so many of these dinosaur skeletons --- my son loved them and they also had robotic ones that roared loudly!
These giant bronze statues cost the city about $30,000 a piece and the place is littered with them...Good job, Mesa!
On top of all these nice things in Downtown, I read their Tribune newspaper which said there was a Pakistani Kite Festival in one of the parks on that very day!!! So, off we went rushing and we made it to the Kite festival ----- I'm telling you, those Pakistani kites fly so easily!
The sandwiches in this restaurant are very tasty, like their unique meatball sandwich which my wife loved and I had the... more travel advice
We were at the Tonto National Forest in Mesa and it was awesome we found this wonderfully unqique lake where you coukld... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Mesa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Suburb of Big Proportions"
- "Jumping Around Mesa, Arizona!"
- "Basaic Mesa Page"
- "Mesa, Arizonia"
- "Mesa Arizona /Phoenix Area"
- "Family Connections"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mesa
- Hotels in Mesa
- Nightlife in Mesa
- Restaurants in Mesa
- Shopping in Mesa
- Warnings and Dangers in Mesa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mesa
- 11 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Mesa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mesa
- Posted in Travel Phoenix Forum "Re: Visiting on 1-25-14 what to..."
- Commented on one of Basaic's Mesa tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Subs inspired by the Firehouses"
- Wrote a Review Subs inspired by the Firehouses in Mesa Restaurants
- created a Mesa Travelogue "A Great Jumping Day at Tonto National Forest!"
Photos in MesaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues