"Jumping Around Mesa, Arizona!" Top 5 Page for this destination Mesa by jumpingnorman

Mesa Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 317 photos

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and we didn't want to just sit in front of the TV while my wife was constructing a mega-doll house for my daughter --- so I asked them all to change and out we went to MESA (40 minutes from our place).

We were not disappointed as Mesa has a lot to offer from Dinosaurs and gold panning at the Museum and yummy eats at its downtown!

Downtown is so walkable and dotted with several giant bronze statues of polar bears, horses, baby bears, baby pigs...a lot of interesting things to see. On top of that, there was even an outdoor crafts fair!

I'm glad we have so many of these dinosaur skeletons --- my son loved them and they also had robotic ones that roared loudly!

These giant bronze statues cost the city about $30,000 a piece and the place is littered with them...Good job, Mesa!

On top of all these nice things in Downtown, I read their Tribune newspaper which said there was a Pakistani Kite Festival in one of the parks on that very day!!! So, off we went rushing and we made it to the Kite festival ----- I'm telling you, those Pakistani kites fly so easily!

• Intro Updated Feb 21, 2009

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Thanks for the tips. WE may not find kite flying-but our plan is to go there late Nov-Dec. If possible, we may meet up for short hello. Staying at step mom house in Mesa, and she has plans of things to see.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I see it's a nice place to visit.... Congratulations on your kids' first day of school! Success attend them! ><><

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Lovely Mesa page with wonderful photos! Glad to know that you can visit several museums in the city free of charge. ~ho & pang

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Mesa Museum of Natural History looks absolutely wonderful and the public street art is stunning. So happy the twins had a wonderful time.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2009 at 4:26 AM

What a fun way to spend the day with your family. Great artwork.

• cjg1's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2009 at 5:44 AM

Kite flying and bears....I see the twins had a blast. Liz has family here in Mesa....it's a nice little place to live or visit.

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Hey Norman, you have an another great page here. BTW your kids are cute :)

• zephyrgurl108's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2009 at 8:33 PM

the park looks like an excellent venue for kite flying. thumbs up for keeping your pages always updated!

• risse73's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Hi Norman, I enjoyed the tips esp. the Kite Flying Festival. I also happen to love burritos. Didn't get to see the video. I probably need to download the updated Flash Player to see it. -Marissa-

• limledi's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Hi Norman. You've been all over the place. My cousin lives in Phoenix, Arizona. They said Grand Canyon is nice.

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Badges & Stats in Mesa