"Jumping Around Goldfield Ghost Town!" Goldfield by jumpingnorman
Goldfield Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 23 photos
I have always heard of the Apache Trail (AZ-88) but was a bit concerned driving on it, because they say the roads are very winding. But, we decided to go on a wonderful sunny and slightly chilly January Saturday morning in 2010...and the paved road from the start of the trail to Tortilla Flat was not that bad - just drive carefully and respect the amazing views! After Tortilla Flat though, the road eventually becomes a winding dirt road, going up to Roosevelt Dam...
This Goldfield Ghost Town is not far from the start of the Apache Trail and is so easily accessible. From afar, you can see the rustic color of the town with several cars parked outside...looks exciting!
The twins loved walking and jumping around it! It is an authentic mine town from the late 1800's with some commercialization of course, but truly a wonderful place to visit.
on the historic Apache Trail
Goldfield Ghost Town
4650 N. Mammoth Mine Road
Goldfield, Arizona 85219
- Pros:A real old mine from the 1890's the kids will love
- Cons:A bit commercialized, but very fun to walk around in
If you want to go horseback riding in wonderful Arizona, the ghost town has a livery stable that you can call at (480)... more travel advice
As you walk along the main street, you will pass by the jail and in that area you will see actors in cowboy and late... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Goldfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jumping Around Goldfield Ghost Town!"
- "Gold Field Mining Town"
- "Jumping in Goldfield!"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Goldfield
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Goldfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goldfield
Photos in GoldfieldSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues