"Jumping Around Goldfield Ghost Town!" Goldfield by jumpingnorman

Goldfield Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 23 photos

I have always heard of the Apache Trail (AZ-88) but was a bit concerned driving on it, because they say the roads are very winding. But, we decided to go on a wonderful sunny and slightly chilly January Saturday morning in 2010...and the paved road from the start of the trail to Tortilla Flat was not that bad - just drive carefully and respect the amazing views! After Tortilla Flat though, the road eventually becomes a winding dirt road, going up to Roosevelt Dam...

This Goldfield Ghost Town is not far from the start of the Apache Trail and is so easily accessible. From afar, you can see the rustic color of the town with several cars parked outside...looks exciting!

The twins loved walking and jumping around it! It is an authentic mine town from the late 1800's with some commercialization of course, but truly a wonderful place to visit.

Located 4.5 miles N/E of Apache Junction, Arizona
on the historic Apache Trail

Goldfield Ghost Town
4650 N. Mammoth Mine Road
Goldfield, Arizona 85219
480-983-0333

• Pros:A real old mine from the 1890's the kids will love
  • Cons:A bit commercialized, but very fun to walk around in
  • Intro Updated Jan 10, 2010

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2010 at 1:54 PM

How fine weather you have here, I hope times will come, perhaps, when your advices can be taken into consideration by me. L.

• CarlGustaf's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Hi Norman, thanks for the tip. Sounds great. We might be visiting, also I've promised the jumping picture we haven't done yet. I think we'll be able to take one tomorrow, finally, then I will post it.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2010 at 9:03 AM

It looks like in cowboy movies... Great place for a family visit!.....

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Great page Norman! Looks like you all had a wonderful adventure. We just love exploring ghost towns. Have a great day!

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Badges & Stats in Goldfield

Have you been to Goldfield?