"Glendale, SUPERBOWL 2008" Glendale by jumpingnorman

Glendale Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 153 photos

Pic taken at my kids' pre-school on Father's Day

The kids are in pre-school (2008), and like me they will have their formative learning at a private Catholic School for good education. Our family believes that the best legacy we could give our kids is not money, but their education...

We actually live in Glendale, but I decided to put in Phoenix, AZ as my HP residence because people always mistake us to be living in Glendale, California!

Glendale is actually about 25 minutes west of Phoenix, and we are an upcoming neighborhood, made popular by the Super Bowl of 2008 being held here.

We decided to build a house in 2006 near the super retractable stadium which was built specially for the Superbowl 2008 (February), and now it also hosts several other events including concerts at the adjacent huge arena. After some very high bidding, the final name of the stadium became Universty of Phoenix Stadium (an on-line university which is apparently richer than Ivy League schools!).

It is one of the few stadiums with a retractable roof (the other one I saw was in Toronto, Canada - we consider Toronto our "third" home in North America, second home and our motherland is "Manila, Philippines").

Seeing a place grow from being just desert land with some corn fields to something so metropolitan is amazing.

My friends and relatives, mostly living in LA, San Diego and San Jose, California visit us often. Here, my three nephews are enjoying a great time rolling around the grass by our house.

• Intro Updated Feb 7, 2009

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I had no idea you had corn fields out that way. Makes you remember the Midwest days at school-HUH. Good presentation of the city and your family

• jivanne96's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM

just be patient and will send u the photos of jumping Dubai

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Hi, Jumper of Arizona:) !I know I would enjoy a trip to that splendid place... See you in Glendale some day!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2009 at 6:15 PM

What a great place you live in Norman! It looks like your family is always going somewhere or doing something fun! Great times!

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Norman, great photos of Ellen and Joe. So, you like BJ's, we have a BJ's only 2 miles from our home. Pizza looks the same. lol

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Great pictures! And everything worked out OK (fingers crossed), so that makes the meeting even better.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Hi Norman That is just lovely great pic's Ellen must have loved the visit with you guys Joe looks like a fun guy and he must be because your son liked him right away We have to meet again and next time meet your jumping kids Norman

• Jeannette1's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Great pics. Nice to thear that you were able to meet Ellen and Joe. Jeannette

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Great pics Norman. Lucky Ellen and Joe to have met the jumping twins. I am sad that we did not have time to see them. Maybe next time. hehe! Also great Hallowe'en pics too.

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Nice photos Norman, Ella and Joe. Glad that things worked out well for all of you and for your son!

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Badges & Stats in Glendale

Have you been to Glendale?

Videos in Glendale