"Jumping in Easter Island!" Easter Island by jumpingnorman

Easter Island Travel Guide: 632 reviews and 1,530 photos

HAHA, that's me finally jumping beside the 15 MOAI structures that were brought back up by Japanese conservationists, after these structures were brought down by a tsunami face down in the 1960's....

Somehow, even before I went to Easter Island, I already had this image of myself jumping like this beside the MOAIS....and yes, JUMP I DID, hahaha - several times...

This is one of those travels where I am very thankful for having read the suggestions of VTer Leyle also known as TheWanderingCamel, one of our truly deserving top VTers. She suggested my guide PATRICIO and the home where I stayed at on the island.

I had such a great time...can you tell from the pics? Hahahaha

Here is a video I made on the magical dogs I found on Easter Island:

MY ENCOUNTERS WITH
EASTER ISLAND STRAY DOGS

• Intro Updated Apr 15, 2013

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I saw your update on the jumping dog and checked out your Easter Island page. What an adventure! Where is the next trip?

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
      Apr 21, 2013 at 6:41 AM

Great! We will also be going to Europe but not until October or so. Nothing booked yet. Definitely Frankfurt to see my boyfriend's family and then, maybe, Prague or Vienna.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
      Apr 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM

awesome plans --- have a lot of fun Grace :)

• trvlrtom's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2011 at 9:47 AM

I want to go here.

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2011 at 10:40 PM

wow! even the dancers jump non stop there! :)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Belive it or not, this is my favorite Jumping photo! Lovely page and those jumping dogs are amazing!

• foona's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Thanks for sharing these great pictures. I want to go back to Easter Island, now!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Wow Norman, these are abs wonderful pics of your Easter Island experience. Love the jumping dog, rainbow and dancing travelogues.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Hi Norman, when I saw this page I looked again at the postcard you sent me and the postmark was from EASTER ISLAND!! Many, many thanks again!! P.S. The German Shepherd looks my Heidi dog---most certainly a magical dog!! Great photos!!!!

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Hi Norman!!! I received today your postcard from Easter Island!! Thanks a lot!!! Wonderful photos!

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Badges & Stats in Easter Island

Have you been to Easter Island?