"Jumping around "Dracula's Castle"" Bran by jumpingnorman
Bran Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 34 photos
The Bran fortress is situated on the border between Transylvania and Wallachia, on Highway 73 and is known as "Dracula's Castle", said to be the home of the dracula-ish Vlad Tepes, ruler of Wallachia. But there was not a single picture of Vlad, or of Dracula for that matter, in the whole complex! I asked the guides why and nobody knew why --- you just have to appreciate Bran Castle for its other historical significance other than being thesetting for Bran Stoker's "Dracula"...
The only things that kinda links this castle to Dracula is this eerie medieval cross that you see on a hill beside the palace...
I made a video of my short trip to Romania!
Hope you like this:
JUMPING NORMAN IN TRANSYLVANNIA!
On January 26 2009 it was revealed that the von Habsburg family (who originally wanted to sell the Bran Castle in 2007)... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Bran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "B R A N"
- "Jumping around "Dracula's Castle""
- "What is Bran Castle famous for?"
- "Terrific Visit Balances Local Stay and Sights"
- "The Bran Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bran
- Hotels in Bran
- Shopping in Bran
- Warnings and Dangers in Bran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bran
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Bran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bran
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 53 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues