"I Was Born In Manila!" Philippines by jumpingnorman
Philippines Travel Guide: 23,735 reviews and 78,876 photos
We had a beautiful garden with nice green grass- I can still smell the freshness and remember the moisture when I woke up in the mornings with little yellow butterflies fluttering around. The Philippines has very fertile soil and has over 7000 tropical islands. The archipelago itself looks like a man sitting down, with arms and legs (can you imagine it?). The people are generally friendly.
Growing up, I had the best private teachers who were excellent and brought out the best in me. This helped me in being competitive globally in the profession I had chosen later in life.
Though I have left the motherland as part of the "brain drain" resulting from poor economy and corruption, I will always speak the Filipino tongue and keep its enduring culture. So, I thank a lot to my mother country! Salamat (thank you)!
I had my son sit on the very same chair (where I sat as a baby) when he was six months, his first visit to the Philippines from Arizona (2004)...the chair was already a little rusty...the grass still green but the garden not well-taken care of anymore.
This is the garden where I, as a 9 year old imaginative boy, pretended going from one country to another by naming different parts of the garden with different places...I had USA, Africa, France, England, Brazil, Togo...(locations I knew because I had a stamp collection and liked looking at the globe in my grandfather's study room). My paternal grandmother also travelled extensively and had so many postcards from all over the world...
There are 7000 islands and you will have to pinpoint which location you are going to in the Philippines. Weather is... more travel advice
This is info for mountain climbers! Depending on current volcanic activity, you can climb up the amazing Mayon Volcano... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Philippines Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Philippines: The Fiesta Islands of Asia"
- "Tierra Adorada, Hija Del Sol De Oriente..."
- "My Country Home"
- "Over 7000 Islands!! Have Fun"
- "Beautiful Philippines Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Philippines
- Hotels in Philippines
- Transportation in Philippines
- Nightlife in Philippines
- Restaurants in Philippines
- Shopping in Philippines
- Warnings and Dangers in Philippines
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Philippines
- 52 Reviews
- 428 Photos
- 53 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Philippines?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Philippines
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to pass time at airports?"
- updated a Philippines Travelogue "Mommy: Philipine Military Academy 2010"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mommy: Philipine Military Academy 2010"
- Wrote a Review Weather: best time to visit Philippines? in Philippines Favorites
- Uploaded a Video to Philippines
- Commented on one of joiwatani's Philippines travel pages
Videos in PhilippinesSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (318)
Top Philippines hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4464 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Boracay Island Hotels
- 1619 Reviews - 4460 Photos
- Tagaytay Hotels
- 262 Reviews - 863 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 248 Reviews - 870 Photos
- Cebu City Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 1429 Photos
- Quezon City Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Makati Hotels
- 518 Reviews - 2059 Photos
- Puerto Galera Hotels
- 361 Reviews - 916 Photos
- Pagudpud Hotels
- 412 Reviews - 1111 Photos
- Vigan Hotels
- 417 Reviews - 1221 Photos
- Cebu Island Hotels
- 159 Reviews - 433 Photos
- Bohol Hotels
- 489 Reviews - 1571 Photos
- Davao Hotels
- 244 Reviews - 803 Photos
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- 216 Reviews - 461 Photos