"Jumping Around El Yunque Rainforest!" Top 5 Page for this destination El Yunque National Forest by jumpingnorman

El Yunque National Forest Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 254 photos

This was truly an amazing experience, walking with my wife and 5 year old twins in the rainforest where downpours happened every 15 minutes. I was hesitant at first bringing the kids for the hike, but the hotel concierge assured me they will be okay.

And the kids enjoyed their white little raincoats which we just purchased for $5 each (I think adult raincoats were $10) at the rainforest itself.

Our guide Jose was also a pleasure to be with and my son idolized him and followed him all around...great tour of El Yunque!

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

Here is a video of the Jumping Family enjoying the beaches
and the rainforest of PUERTO RICO
to the tune of the Flintstones theme song, haha:

PUERTO RICO RAIN FOREST AND BEACHES

• Last visit to El Yunque National Forest: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Apr 4, 2013

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Norman, you have made a lot of exciting trips! ><>< Good for you!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2011 at 8:31 PM

It's hard to believe we were in the same place, not a drop of rain and all the trails were paved so I can't imagine how anyone could get lost!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2010 at 10:35 AM

This sounds like a nice area for a visit. Love the photo of the Twins and the Lizard, they are cute!

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Did you get to see a Coqui frog. I heard them my entire time, but never got to see one.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Lovely El Yunque National Forest page with excellent photographs! Bano Grande and La Coca Falls simply look amazing! Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2009 at 7:06 AM

Wow Norman! ANother great trip for the "Jumping" Family!

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Sounds like an enjoyable visit of the rainforest! Lovely waterfall! Haha, do at Coco Falls coconuts fall? I think in such climate it's refreshing to get wet so I'd prefer that than sweat under the plastic raincoat ;)

• cjg1's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Another great page Norman. I liked the falls pictures. Didn't some hikers get lost here a few months back?

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2009 at 3:22 AM

What a great experience for the twins. And they look so cute in their new raincoats. Have a great week Norman.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2009 at 3:00 AM

I didn't know that there was rain forest in Puerto Rico. Lovely nature page!

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Badges & Stats in El Yunque National Forest

Have you been to El Yunque National Forest?

Videos in El Yunque National Forest