Al Karnak Favorite Tips by jumpingnorman Top 5 Page for this destination
Al Karnak Favorites: 14 reviews and 12 photos
In the middle of picture, a JACKAL in El Karnak
Fondest memory: AL Karnak Temple ---- We were on our way out of the Chapel of Sekhmet, the lioness goddess, which at the time was closed and under renovation but my guide bribed the caretaker so we got in --- when all of a sudden, a jackal appeared!
There were no tourists around and so maybe the jackal found that opportunity to snoop around! If you look closely in the middle of the picture, I did get a shot of him leaving. My guide says he never saw one there and that was arare thing to happen.
So, just keep your eyes open for some animals , specially when there's not too many tourists around. That's when they come out.
An image ERASED for eternity in Al Karnak, Egypt
Fondest memory: The Egyptians believe that the preservation of a person's name and his image guarantees immortality and life beyond death.
However, when you had some enemies left behind, they might cause trouble by erasing your name and defacing your images....
I remembered this ancient custom as I was looking throught my pictures and saw this picture and I wondered why I took it -- and if you look closely, the image was meticulously removed, eradicated, erased, caput! I think it might have been the image of hatsepshut who was so hated by her stepson.
So, watch out for these defacements --- there's a lot of them at Al Karnak.
More Reviews (4)
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Al Karnak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Christmas in Karnak"
- "el karnak .... mish mumkin ya habibi!"
- "Jumping Around Karnak!"
- "Revisiting Luxor and Karnak"
- "the largest temple complex ever built"
- "Al Karnak: the location of a gorgeous temple"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Al Karnak
- Hotels in Al Karnak
- Transportation in Al Karnak
- Restaurants in Al Karnak
- Warnings and Dangers in Al Karnak
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kampung Sedenak Hotels
- Nagykanizsa Hotels
- Egeraracsa Hotels
- Sandy Cay Hotels
- Glen Arbor
Badges & Stats in Al Karnak
- 6 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Al Karnak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al Karnak
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to pass time at airports?"
- updated a Al Karnak Travelogue "#38 GALLERY OF JUMPINGNORMAN'S JUMPING VT FRIENDS"
- Uploaded a Photo to "#40 GALLERY OF JUMPINGNORMAN'S JUMPING VT FRIENDS"
- Uploaded a Video to Al Karnak
- Wrote a Review You will see some images DEFACED permanently! in Al Karnak Favorites
Photos in Al KarnakSee All Photos (89)
Videos in Al KarnakSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues