"Jumping Around Karnak!" Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak by jumpingnorman
Al Karnak Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 549 photos
Karnak in Upper Egypt was a village built in honor of Amon at around 3200 B.C.
The northern temple is the Temple of Mont, the god of war while the southern temple, which has a horseshoe-shaped lake, was devoted to the goddess Mut, wife of Amon. Between these two temples lay the largest of all Egyptian temples, the great metropolitan temple of Amon, which was in turn built by many different pharaohs over a long period of Egyptian history.
CLICK ON THIS TO VIEW MY GUESTBOOK AND MAP
This place is a must for all Egyptian lovers -- marvel at the massive columns of the Great Hypostyle Hall. The complex is also known as Ipet-Isut which literally means THE MOST PERFECT OF PLACES - what a name!
But this place was not built by just one person, but by generations of pharaohs spanning 1500 years at least! I particularly like the contributions of the female pharaoh Hatshepsut --- go find her obelisks when you're there, you won't miss it because it is the tallest at 100 feet!
The Egyptians believe that the preservation of a person's name and his image guarantees immortality and life beyond... more travel advice
My guide took me to the side of the Karnak Temple and there was a chapel (less visited at the time because it was under... more travel advice
Written Nov 4, 2009
#31 GALLERY OF JUMPINGNORMAN'S JUMPING VT FRIENDS
Written Nov 2, 2009
#32 GALLERY OF JUMPINGNORMAN'S JUMPING VT FRIENDS
Written Nov 15, 2009
#33 GALLERY OF JUMPINGNORMAN'S JUMPING VT FRIENDS
Written Nov 12, 2009
#34 GALLERY OF JUMPINGNORMAN'S JUMPING VT FRIENDS
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Al Karnak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Christmas in Karnak"
- "el karnak .... mish mumkin ya habibi!"
- "Jumping Around Karnak!"
- "Revisiting Luxor and Karnak"
- "the largest temple complex ever built"
- "Al Karnak: the location of a gorgeous temple"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Al Karnak
- Hotels in Al Karnak
- Transportation in Al Karnak
- Restaurants in Al Karnak
- Warnings and Dangers in Al Karnak
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Al Karnak
- 6 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Al Karnak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al Karnak
- Posted in Travel Phoenix Forum "Re: Visiting on 1-25-14 what to..."
- updated a Al Karnak Travelogue "#38 GALLERY OF JUMPINGNORMAN'S JUMPING VT FRIENDS"
- Uploaded a Photo to "#40 GALLERY OF JUMPINGNORMAN'S JUMPING VT FRIENDS"
- Uploaded a Video to Al Karnak
- Wrote a Review You will see some images DEFACED permanently! in Al Karnak Favorites
Photos in Al KarnakSee All Photos (89)
Videos in Al KarnakSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues