"Jumping Around Karnak!" Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak by jumpingnorman

Al Karnak Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 549 photos

Karnak in Upper Egypt was a village built in honor of Amon at around 3200 B.C.

The northern temple is the Temple of Mont, the god of war while the southern temple, which has a horseshoe-shaped lake, was devoted to the goddess Mut, wife of Amon. Between these two temples lay the largest of all Egyptian temples, the great metropolitan temple of Amon, which was in turn built by many different pharaohs over a long period of Egyptian history.

CLICK ON THIS TO VIEW MY GUESTBOOK AND MAP

This place is a must for all Egyptian lovers -- marvel at the massive columns of the Great Hypostyle Hall. The complex is also known as Ipet-Isut which literally means THE MOST PERFECT OF PLACES - what a name!

But this place was not built by just one person, but by generations of pharaohs spanning 1500 years at least! I particularly like the contributions of the female pharaoh Hatshepsut --- go find her obelisks when you're there, you won't miss it because it is the tallest at 100 feet!

• Intro Updated Feb 19, 2009

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Hi, Norman! I see it's an interesting place so rich in history! Thanks for your page....

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2010 at 10:12 AM

What a great place to visit. This is one of my wish list favorites. YOu took such good pictures and did your name get up on the wall so we can remember you after the big leap?

• RJ1967's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Sorry I haven't sent any pics yet. Sister and I are going to Tulum, MX for new years. She will take some pics of me jumping.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2009 at 12:11 AM

That is our daughter Tal, getting off to a jumping start in life...^O^ Martin

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Hi Norman!!! Another fantastic jumping page :)

• craic's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2009 at 6:34 PM

ah the lovely allykat

• Tuna_ank's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Nice to see our jumping photos here, thanks Norman. Now we are freezing in Ankara, no hope for jumping. :-((

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2009 at 8:28 AM

HeHe! I can see the pink and blue Power Ranger Jumping Twins. How cute is that! Actually Jack & Annie next door were also Power Rangers. They laughed when we came to the door in our Halloween dress-up. Hans was Aunt Lori & I was Opa Hans. hehe! Too funny!

• zweiblumen's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Haha ... I've just noticed I wrote 'agrocultural' instead of agricultural. I'm not sure I'd want to attend an aggro-cultural show!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Very interesting page. You are so lucky to have visited here! I would love to visit Egypt someday! Good work here!

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Badges & Stats in Al Karnak

Have you been to Al Karnak?

Videos in Al Karnak