"Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Thomas by jumpingnorman

Saint Thomas Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 64 photos

My Daughter in Deep Thought

She was only less than two years old when I took this shot from the highest point (1500 ft) on St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. I don't even remember what she was looking at - maybe she's sleepy, tired? But it turned out to be a great picture anyway!

Charlotte Amalie, the capital city of this island, certainly has one of the most beautiful harbours in the whole world! A lof of people here (like my wife) seem to enjoy shopping in the duty-free shops...many of them coming from the cruise ships that dock here so often. Instead of cruising, we chose to sleep for a few days on the best resort on the island.

The views at the hotel-resort were awesome, and my son was looking for iguanas by the seaside garden in this picture (we were heading for the tennis courts).

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

I made a short video of our first trip to the Caribbean!
Hope you like this:

JUMPING FAMILY IN ST THOMAS AND ST JOHN!

Watching Cruise Ships

Maybe we'll be riding cruise ships more in the future, but for now (as of 2008) we still enjoy just taking a normal plane ride and then just setting out on our own schedule in unfamiliar territory. The twins seem to be wanting to go out to sea in this picture, or I think they are just acting like they're depressed or something (shrugging their shoulders down or up and looking down). Must have been something they saw on TV or from me?

• Last visit to Saint Thomas: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 4, 2013

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Hi Norman, what lovely twins you have, love the pic of your daughter deep in thought. Nice tips and photo's ;-)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Hi, Norman! It's certainly a great place to enjoy, but a bit too far away! Thanks for your nice presentation, as always!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2009 at 6:02 PM

One of my favorite photo's of one of your little ones. She looks deep in thought. Nice page!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Sounds like your family had a great trip to St. Thomas. Great transportation tip to St. John. Your children are so cute!

• Pinat's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2009 at 1:17 AM

What a beautiful shot of your jumping daughter!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2009 at 2:47 AM

No pirates in sight. Wonder how different the fishes and corals of the Caribbean are from SE Asian counterparts.

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2009 at 4:31 PM

You certainly make it sound worth a visit! gorgeous photo of your daughter.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Coral World Marine Park and Sky Ride sound interesting to visit. Saint Thomas is a great tourist destination. Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2009 at 7:57 AM

The shopping spree at St. Thomas sounds good to me. Though I am not a shopper myself, but I guess I will not be able to resist the great deals you are saying.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Good page Norm! I suspect that your kids will see the whole world before they are 10!Lucky twins. What about some pics here?

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Badges & Stats in Saint Thomas

Have you been to Saint Thomas?

Videos in Saint Thomas