"Jumping Around San Juan, Puerto Rico!" Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan by jumpingnorman
San Juan Travel Guide: 702 reviews and 2,323 photos
So my Top Things To Do in Puerto Rico based on what we experienced, whether you're coming off a cruise ship or not:
1. Visit the Fort of El Morro at least (swing by Cristobal if you can)
2. Enjoy yummy Puerto Rican Food, specially at Raices Restaurant near the ship docks
3. Enjoy the beaches - public beaches at Isla Verde or drive off to Loquillo
4. Visit the Capitolio and Plaza de Colon to understand PR's history and appreciate the beautiful images on the ceiling of the dome of the Capitolio
5. If you have the chance, get wet hiking at the El Yunque Rainforest
And best of all, Enjoy the people of Puerto Rico - they are FUN, FAMILY-ORIENTED AND KID-FRIENDLY, and with their own UNIQUE NATIONAL IDENTITY!
First time I got a glimpse of San Juan, Puerto Rico, the twins were just two years old and we were just there for a short stopover - I wanted to get out and look at the beaches...
Three years later (June 14, 2009), here we are! We made it to this beautiful capital and yes, the day is sunny and we were so excited to explore the area.
Our taxi driver took us immediately to our hotel which is near the airport, and he suggested a restaurant where we went to immediately as well...our family likes doing things quickly, hehehe...
So, the next few days will be yet to be seen - I have booked a tour into the rainforest and it always rains there and we are looking forward to that...
UPDATE 4 days later: We are back here in Arizona and I miss Puerto Rico already! The rainforest was a great hike, and twins would don raincoats whenever there was a short downpour...the five year olds made it! Hehehe....My wife loved the beach at Loquillo and I'm sad we discovered Puerto Rico only now...we'll be back to explore more of the islands...especially nearby Dominican Republic (and maybe CUBA in the future...who knows?)
I made a video of our short trip to Puerto Rico!
Hope you like this:
JUMPING FAMILY IN SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO!
Free Trolley in Old San Juan! There is an amazing trolley that goes for free in Old San Juan and this has several... more travel advice
Our 5-year old twins had fun chasing the pigeons in this small Plaza Colon, also known before as St James Square or... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
San Juan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Ciudad del Encanto"
- "BLUE WATERS, WHITE SAND AND TONS OF HISTORY,"
- "San Juan"
- "Jumping Around San Juan, Puerto Rico!"
- "San Juan, Puerto Rico"
- "Castille de San Fillipe del Morro"
- "Historic San Juan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Juan
- Hotels in San Juan
- Transportation in San Juan
- Nightlife in San Juan
- Restaurants in San Juan
- Shopping in San Juan
- Warnings and Dangers in San Juan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Juan
- 16 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to San Juan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Juan
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Getting ready for cyclone Ita"
- updated a San Juan Travelogue "Jumping Around Forts in San Juan, Puerto Rico!"
- Commented on one of jumpingnorman's San Juan travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to San Juan
- Uploaded a Photo to "El Portal Tropical Forest Center"
- Wrote a Review FAMOUS FREE TROLLEY around Old San Juan about By land in San Juan Transportation
Photos in San JuanSee All Photos (63)
Videos in San JuanSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues