"Jumping Around San Juan, Puerto Rico!" Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan by jumpingnorman

San Juan Travel Guide: 702 reviews and 2,323 photos

So my Top Things To Do in Puerto Rico based on what we experienced, whether you're coming off a cruise ship or not:

1. Visit the Fort of El Morro at least (swing by Cristobal if you can)
2. Enjoy yummy Puerto Rican Food, specially at Raices Restaurant near the ship docks
3. Enjoy the beaches - public beaches at Isla Verde or drive off to Loquillo
4. Visit the Capitolio and Plaza de Colon to understand PR's history and appreciate the beautiful images on the ceiling of the dome of the Capitolio
5. If you have the chance, get wet hiking at the El Yunque Rainforest

And best of all, Enjoy the people of Puerto Rico - they are FUN, FAMILY-ORIENTED AND KID-FRIENDLY, and with their own UNIQUE NATIONAL IDENTITY!

First time I got a glimpse of San Juan, Puerto Rico, the twins were just two years old and we were just there for a short stopover - I wanted to get out and look at the beaches...

Three years later (June 14, 2009), here we are! We made it to this beautiful capital and yes, the day is sunny and we were so excited to explore the area.

Our taxi driver took us immediately to our hotel which is near the airport, and he suggested a restaurant where we went to immediately as well...our family likes doing things quickly, hehehe...

So, the next few days will be yet to be seen - I have booked a tour into the rainforest and it always rains there and we are looking forward to that...

UPDATE 4 days later: We are back here in Arizona and I miss Puerto Rico already! The rainforest was a great hike, and twins would don raincoats whenever there was a short downpour...the five year olds made it! Hehehe....My wife loved the beach at Loquillo and I'm sad we discovered Puerto Rico only now...we'll be back to explore more of the islands...especially nearby Dominican Republic (and maybe CUBA in the future...who knows?)

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! 4 YEARS LATER...

I made a video of our short trip to Puerto Rico!
Hope you like this:

JUMPING FAMILY IN SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO!

• Intro Updated Apr 4, 2013

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Norman, you have a great stay wherever you travel... Good for you!)

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2012 at 8:32 PM

What an interesting places you have jumped around! L!

• Mar 12, 2010 at 9:36 AM

I have twins also but they are 3 yr old. Is it difficult to take kids to the rain Forrest? Oh and we are planning to take two umbrella strollers to the rain Forrest, do you think it'll be helpful or we shouldn't even bother with the strollers.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Good page Norman! hahaha! You won't scare those twins easily anymore, they know YOU! Actually, it sounds like you can see and do a lot for quite cheap, and the trolley for free is excellent!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Some very useful information, I will be sure to bring some bug spray as insects seem to love to munch on my husband! Leaving in 5 days :-)

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM

As always, I can see your family's enjoyment in every place you visit. It is also nice to learn something from your re the camera in humid places. I will take note of that and if it happens, I will follow your advice. Thanks for sharing Norman.

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2009 at 7:43 AM

it looks like you had a nice tour in Puerto Rico.

• Oct 5, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Metropol is the worst restaurant in Isla Verde. My husband, my son and me went there and they served us a fish full of worms. We notify them and they said nothing at all and after all this we have to pay 74.00 for the food. Not Recommended.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Norman, I'm sure I would have enjoyed my trip to San Juan too! Thanks for sharing here! ><><><

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2009 at 5:15 AM

Just jumping around San Juan w/you - love photos of the kids - OK, pix of you, too - great fun! Ciao <(•¿•)>

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Badges & Stats in San Juan

Have you been to San Juan?

Videos in San Juan