"Buenos Aires" Buenos Aires by jumpingnorman

Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,807 reviews and 8,945 photos

El Caminito in La Boca, Buenos Aires

I've always been intrigued by the Tango, and mystified by the aristocratic pschye and sentiments of the Argentinians. Tilt the head quickly to the side, then girl wraps a leg around you, then kicks, pushes you away, then hands together again, then both of you kick...I watched this sequence danced by a rich lady Argentinian who did not need to perform for a living (family is one of the richest in Argentina) but she just loved the Tango a lot.

See the colorful houses? There's a story to it - the Italian and Spanish immigrant workers of the time had to use leftover paint for the corrugated metal taken from the shipyards --- that's how the houses ended up looking so colourful.

View from an ecological reserve

Real property's prices have soared in Buenos Aires, but still the city decided to devote a huge segment to ecology...this reserve is close to the center and a favorite park among Portenos!

CLICK ON THIS TO VIEW MY GUESTBOOK AND MAP

On a boat by myself in La Boca!

I bought the ticket for the boat, and voila! I was the only passenger for the 1300PM ride in La Boca--- so I pretended it was MY boat...hehehehe....hope you enjoy reading my tips and looking at my photos in this beautiful city...Viva Evita!

I made a video of my short trip to Buenos Aires on Youtube. Hope you like this:

JUMPING NORMAN IN BUENOS AIRES

• Last visit to Buenos Aires: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2013

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Your main page here of the beautiful colorful houses are unique. Being able to see the famous lady Evita's grave would be on my list of things to see. Lovely page Norman!

• ines2003's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2011 at 9:38 AM

i like your travel to this country and show the nice and cultures things, welcoem anytime

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I missed Tigre :( next time I hope!

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Great pages.I'm so excited ,our trip is planned for this Oct . Love your "colourful houses" picture!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2010 at 11:16 PM

It's great you've been there, Norman! Well done! Thanks for your story!

• marvelous_girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2010 at 2:54 AM

nice and helpfull tips also the photographs are excellent

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Lovely Buenos Aires page complete with excellent photographs! Puerto Madero's waterfront and Opera Bay certainly look amazing. Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• leigh767's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I was searching in vain on the internet for the history of La Boca. "Why not search VT" I thought. And when I found what I needed I realized it was a tip YOU wrote. Haha why am I not surprised? :)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2009 at 1:04 PM

an interesting page bring back great memories, thanks for sharing, Norman ! The grave of Evita and also the rest of that cemetery was really impressive !

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Your own personal tour of the Riachuelo, nice!

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires

Have you been to Buenos Aires?

Videos in Buenos Aires