"Jumping in Ho Chi Minh City" Ho Chi Minh City by jumpingnorman

Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide: 3,131 reviews and 7,263 photos

Haha, that's myself jumping beside the many bicycle motorists at Ho Chi Minh! They are such good bikers, haha

June 9-11, 2010 - I was visiting Manila, Philippines and I just decided to go to nearby Ho Chi Minh (just about over 2 hours flight I think, if I remember right) for a full 2-days and some....what could I do during that time? I asked a friend of mine (a med schoolmate) to go along with me and he found it in his busy schedule (he is a gastroenterologist with a busy practice) to go with me, haha

I decided to book organized tours which included the two places I wanted to see most - the Cu Chi Tunnels and the Mekong Delta...

Little did we know that we were in for a scary experience at the Cu Chi Tunnels! My friend got bitten by some insect, presumably a TICK, which caused periodic sudden muscle weakness, causing him to fall flat on the ground every 30 minutes! (see Warning Tip).....

Fortunately, the fallings stopped after ten hours and we continued to enjoy the Mekong Delta the next day...

Definitely, Vietnam is a wonderful place to visit - just recently having opened their doors to tourism and I think it is becoming a HOT spot for tourism in Asia!

• Intro Updated Jul 4, 2010

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2011 at 6:50 AM

I think you are going to make the guy behind you wreck. LOL

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Just bookmarked your pages ...looks like you had a great trip. Love your Korean pictures too.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Sounds like a very interesting visit, but your friend's illness (oh my gosh, this is so scary) must have been so upsetting! Great, great warning tip!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Wow-that tick bite must have been a real experience. We just had a person get septic and lived through it without any limbs now, though. Nice job of describing the area sites and pictures are good.

• Sep 23, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Hi! Could you please tell me how far is Mekong Delta from Hoi Chi Min? Do you recomended stay in Ho Chi Min and not in a Mekong's city? how was your experience? What tips could you give me?

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Fine tips! How lucky that you could just pop over to HCMC for the weekend! My older son and I toured the Mekong Delta, Cu Chi and Tay Ninh in 1995. Thirty years earlier I had the privilege of living with an elderly Cao Dai couple for several months.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Great trip! Thanks for your story, Norman! ><><><

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Good pics from Cu Chi. Did you check out those traps?? Mean-looking!! Must have done a good job ;-)

• betska's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Haha! another great jumping pic.....looking forward to hearing all of your views on HCMC...Betts.

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM

hahaha ang sama ng tingin sa'yo ni manong. great jump (as always!).

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Badges & Stats in Ho Chi Minh City

Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?

Latest Activity in Ho Chi Minh City