"Jumping Around Calamba, my Father's Hometown" Calamba by jumpingnorman
Calamba Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 36 photos
We used to go to Calamba every weekend, driving from Manila and passing small towns and buying all the sweets and traditional food you can imagine. But now, there is a big freeway and you bypass passing those small towns. Nobody gets to run up to your car to sell a pie or quail eggs...
...and most of my aunts and uncles have already left the country...so I have not been back to Calamba for a while...
I used to climb up this big bowl which is near the house of the national hero of the Philippines, Jose Rizal. His huge house from the Spanish times is across the street from our ancestral home, and maybe we might even be related (?)...well Rizal did like to travel and speak in different languages, and he was a doctor too....but I think I am taller than him, hehehe (but he is much much braver--- he turned around to take the bullet on his chest when he was executed at the Luneta Park in Manila)...
Can you see me on the left side carrying a baby? I can't even remember whose baby I was carrying...must be a relative's...
I was told I might be related to the national hero, and it might be a possiblity because my grandmother's family is huge... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Calamba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Calamba Homepage"
- "Jumping Around Calamba, my Father's Hometown"
- "Of Heroes and Hot Springs"
- "The National Hero's Hometown"
- "the town of pepe"
- "Calamba Laguna Rizal Shrine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Calamba
- Transportation in Calamba
- Nightlife in Calamba
- Restaurants in Calamba
- Shopping in Calamba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Calamba
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Calamba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Calamba
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Unexpectedly in Lisbon next..."
- updated a Calamba Travel Page "Jumping Around Calamba, my Father's Hometown"
- Commented on one of freddie18's Calamba travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit the house of Philippine National Hero, RIZAL"
- Wrote a Review Visit the house of Philippine National Hero, RIZAL in Calamba Things to Do
Photos in CalambaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 53 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues