"Jumping around Catanduanes Island!" Catanduanes Island by jumpingnorman
Catanduanes Island Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 22 photos
The Philippines has more than 7000 islands, and on this one - I found my beautiful wife!
I must say it is really very exotic - there are no big major hotel chains...And my wife has hazel eyes because the place was also colonized by the Spaniards and they still have a very old Spanish Catholic Church...
Located in the easternmost part of the Bicol peninsula, Catanduanes Island is the first land group of the Philippines to greet the Pacific Ocean. It is directly open to the path of tropical cyclones, thus, the term, “The Land of the Howling Winds.”
The whole strip of Catanduanes Island is almost untouched, unblemished, and unexplored. It has a long string of palm-fringed beaches and deep blue waters against a backdrop of luxuriant grassy mountains, and a totally laid-back rural charm.
The general landscape of the island is hilly to mountainous, becoming more pronounced towards the central portion. Less than 10 percent of the land area has slope gradient under 8 percent, mostly fractured and narrow strips of plains dispersed near the coastal areas where most of the inhabitants are settled.
My father-in-law was chief for years for the Bureau responsible for preventing deforestation to preserve the beauty of this island...and he did a good job!
My father-in-law would let me ride on his motorbike (as passenger clinging to him) as he sped away on the asphalt roads... more travel advice
The beauty of the island is so untamed, and so be very careful when hiking into the mountains. I am fortunate that my... more travel advice
jumpingnorman's Related Pages
Catanduanes Island Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Catanduanes Island
- Transportation in Catanduanes Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Catanduanes Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Catanduanes Island
- 8 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Catanduanes Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Catanduanes Island
Photos in Catanduanes IslandSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues