"LIVE, LOVE AND LAUGH!" jumpingnorman's Profile
I just finished a great tour of SEVEN COUNTRIES IN 12 days which included Croatia and Chernobyl this first two weeks of September 2013!
Hope you like this video:
I am a self-confessed "speed traveler" and that is because it is hard for me to find long vacation days since I am a busy physician, a loving husband and doting father to 9-year old boy-girl TWINS! But even though my stay in places are short, I make the most out of it...
I discovered VT while I was looking for things to do in Oslo, Norway - way back in 2008. I had just watched the movie "JUMPER" about a young man who had the ability to "transport himself" from one country to another by whim. I thought that was really cool, so I named myself "JumpingNorman".
I started making my travel pages/tips and made on-line friends with travelers on VT and reading about the other wonderful places they've been to. This inspired me to travel more. My goal before was to reach 60 countries by the time I was 60 years old but I think I have already surpassed my goal! Thank you to the Travel Gods!
For some reason, I also found out that I love the act of JUMPING in pictures too! I read somewhere that when you jump, you lose all your inhibitions and show your true self! And this is who I am --- I love LIFE and so I jump for JOY:)
With the advent of digital cameras, it has become easier to get a jumping shot at virtually every country I visit. And so the collection began...
Finally, I was able to visit ISRAEL September 2012!
I started asking for "Jumping Pictures" from my fun-loving VT Friends and my name JumpingNorman became associated with the fun of jumping, jumping for joy and hyperactive craziness, haha...
In 2010, I discovered Facebook and my collection of jumping pictures grew even more and widely around the world. On FB, I am known simply as Jumping Norman and this is my Official Video on Youtube:
OFFICAL JUMPING NORMAN VIDEO
I have a lot of VT friends, some of whom I have met personally, and I have compiled many jumping pictures from amazing VT members so I also made a video called
BEST JUMPERS ON VT!
I created 100 galleries of JUMPING VT FRIENDS and the first gallery starts when you click
Hope you enjoy them :)
VT friends continued to send me jumping pictures which I continue to enjoy! So I created the
"I read somewhere that when you jump,
you lose all your inhibitions and show your true self!"
Because of this unique jumping collection, I received an award during the First VT Barney Awards of January 2011:
I love travelling to exciting places and jumping there! Here, I am jumping at the remote Greenland town of Kulusuk....
We walked from the airport to the little town of less than 300 people....actually, it was also "sliding on the snow" (and not walking) during the trip, haha
I love remote places, so in this picture, I jumped at the remotest inhabited island on the planet - EASTER ISLAND
My Easter Island Stray Dogs
So many friends have jumped for me and I thank you all!
I have also made wonderful jumping albums on Facebook where I have encountered so many awesome jumpers like myself :)
To take a peek at our JUMPERS ON FACEBOOK, see this video:
Make sure you have a place to land on...hahahaha
PO BOX 5071
Peoria, AZ USA 85385-5071
VT member Bahador Alast visited Arizona this March 2013, and we went on the 10th on the Apache Trail. I made a great video of our day on this amazingly scenic location. It had rained the day before & the place was so nice and cool, with a nice patch of clouds over Superstition Mountains. Hope you like this video:
Personal Pages (18)
Written Feb 28, 2013
PLEASE SIGN MY JUMPING GUESTBOOK AND WORLD MAP!
Written Apr 25, 2011
VT's Most Unique Page 2010 Barney Awards!
Written Dec 13, 2009
BEING ROOKIE on Virtual Tourist Aug 2008- Aug 2009
Written Oct 9, 2010
THE JUMPING GALLERIES: MAIN PAGE******************
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 927 Reviews
- 5,983 Photos
- 49 Countries
- 157 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
- Commented on giampiero6's profile page
- jumpingnorman and amkai5273 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Phoenix Forum "Re: Visiting on 1-25-14 what to..."
- updated a Cabo da Roca Travelogue "Snails at Cabo da Roca"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Snails at Cabo da Roca"
updated their Profile Page "LIVE, LOVE AND LAUGH!"
- Uploaded a Video to London
- Wrote a Review Elephant Feet by the Roadside in Monument Valley State Park Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on the Grand Canyon travel guide
PhotosSee All Photos (5983)
VideosSee All Videos (195)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 52 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Intro, 6 reviews, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Glendale Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 85 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mandaluyong Intro, 85 photos, 10 travelogues