"Tanzania, nature at its best" Tanzania by tompt
Tanzania Travel Guide: 2,797 reviews and 7,653 photos
In october 2004 we visited Tanzania for 1 week. The trip was all about visited gameparks. We flew into Kilimanjaro, and arrived at night in the dark we could not see the famous mountain. The next morning we left the lodge while it was clowdy and we would not see the Kilimanjaro, before we entered Kenia a week later.
We visited Lake Manyara NP, the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti National Park.
Three entirely diferent parks, but all three great for naturelovers to see. In Lake Manyara we made our first gamedrive and saw lots of elephants. In the Ngorongoro crater there are large herds of wildebeest and gazelles therefor you will find many predators like the lion too.
In the Serengeti we stayed in a lodge in the middle of the park and had Hippo in the garden at night.
Between the parks we drove through countryside inhabited by the Masai. A people of warriors and cattlebreeders.
It is not allowed to make pictures of the Masai people unless you visit a culture village, where you can take as many pictures as you want. It may not be what you are looking for, but it is the best you can get.
Tanzania can be a dry dusty place. From june to september is the dry season, we visited end october and everything was... more travel advice
The famous Ngorongoro Crater is the largest whole caldera in the world. It is an ecosystem in itself. There is enough... more travel advice
tompt's Related Pages
Tanzania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tanzania - Zanzibar"
- "An Amazing African Experience"
- "Tanzania.... Beauty...Diversity...Wilderness"
- "Grete's Safari Page"
- "Best of Tanzania"
- "Tanzania, I will never forget you......."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tanzania
- Hotels in Tanzania
- Transportation in Tanzania
- Nightlife in Tanzania
- Restaurants in Tanzania
- Shopping in Tanzania
- Warnings and Dangers in Tanzania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tanzania
- 29 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Tanzania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanzania
Photos in TanzaniaSee All Photos (127)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues