"South Africa,the world in one country." South Africa by tompt
South Africa Travel Guide: 11,841 reviews and 27,852 photos
We visited South Africa several times, and i think i am in love with it. We will be going again, someday....
You can do and see everything you can imagine in just this one country. There are mountains, there are beaches. Next to the national parks, where the wildlife is just awesome, you can also visit some cultural events.
Please see the travelogues for some pictures and maybe ideas of where to go to.
South African Tourism Agency
South African weatherforcast
The first visit to South Africa was in december 1995. A collegue of Tom was getting married and we decide to build a 2 week vacation around this event. We flew to Capetown and drove in a rental car along the gardenroute.
The wedding was in East London and from there we flew to Durban. From Durban we flew to Johannesburg from where we made a three day trip to the Krugerpark.
In 1998 we made an organised trip through South Africa, Zimbabwe , Botswana and Namibia.
In 2000 we rented a 4x4 with camping equipment and visited the Freestate, KwaZulu Natal and Mpumalanga.
This camping thing was great and we rented a simulair 4x4 in 2001. This time we spend a lot of time in the Krugerpark and did a piece of KwaZulu Natal.
In 2002 we went back again and went camping in KwaZulu Natal and Mpumalanga. This time we were joined by Filipdebont and Toms brother Rob.
Also see our Krugerpark page for more info about this great park we visited 5 times.
and our KwaZulu Natal page where you find more info about this great province. Some cultural Zulu events, some gameparks and the historical area of the battlefields.
On our Mpumalanga page are some pictures of the Drakensbergen, with nice views of the three ronddavels.
In 2008 we rented a minivan and visited some gameparks north of Johannesburg. We travelled with four others we met during our trip to Kenya and Tanzania. This time we booked all the lodges through the internet and it worked out great. A relaxing vacation with luxury and lots of game.
In 2009 Tom had a business trip in SA after business was done we stayed for one week to have safaris in Pilanesberg and Madikwe. For both locations we added a video.
In 2010 we made a 3 week trip with a minivan accompanied by Gonnie's brother and his family. With the 7 of us we rented chalets in some tourist areas like Pilanesberg, and Kwazulu Natal. We also made a 3 day safari in Klasserie in trhe Greater Kruger Park area.
Maropeng is the name of the area. It is a World Heritage Site, where is said humankind was born. An other name for this... more travel advice
The Sodwana caves were not as impressive as the Cango caves, but still fun to visit. There is a special tour (which you... more travel advice
- See All Braai 2
- 4x4 and see more
- Cape Agulhas.
- Camping with bushbok
tompt's Related Pages
South Africa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A world in one country!"
- "A peek into a great country"
- "SUNNY SOUTH AFRICA not at the moment its raining"
- "South Africa Road Trip"
- "South Africa"
- "South Africa - We had a wonderful World Cup!"
- "The Splendour of South Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Africa
- Hotels in South Africa
- Transportation in South Africa
- Nightlife in South Africa
- Restaurants in South Africa
- Shopping in South Africa
- Warnings and Dangers in South Africa
- See All...
Explore the World
- North Conway
- Malolo Lailai Island
- Isla de Janitzio Hotels
- Kampung Teluk Senangin Hotels
- Sunset State Beach Hotels
- Poipu Hotels
- Kalaoa Hotels
- San Miguel de Cozumel
- Province of KwaZulu-Natal Hotels
- Puerto Viejo
Badges & Stats in South Africa
- 102 Reviews
- 370 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to South Africa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Africa
- Posted in Travel Utrecht Forum "Re: Utrecht op Zondag"
- updated a South Africa Travel Page "South Africa,the world in one country."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pilanesberg"
- Wrote a Review Maropeng in South Africa Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to South Africa
- Commented on one of IIGUANA's South Africa travel pages
Photos in South AfricaSee All Photos (370)
Videos in South AfricaSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (60)
Top South Africa hotels
- Cape Town Hotels
- 2652 Reviews - 6081 Photos
- Johannesburg Hotels
- 1067 Reviews - 2180 Photos
- Durban Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 844 Photos
- Pretoria Hotels
- 394 Reviews - 700 Photos
- Port Elizabeth Hotels
- 93 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Sun City Hotels
- 311 Reviews - 834 Photos
- Clarens Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 58 Photos
- East London Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Skukuza Hotels
- 9 Hotels
- Nelspruit Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Umhlanga Rocks Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 30 Photos
- George Hotels
- 67 Reviews - 136 Photos
- Knysna Hotels
- 170 Reviews - 329 Photos
- Pietermaritzburg Hotels
- 29 Reviews - 48 Photos
- Kimberley Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 72 Photos