Gyangze Favorite Tips by tompt Top 5 Page for this destination
Gyangze Favorites: 6 reviews and 6 photos
cows in front of the monastery
Favorite thing: Gyangze is located in the southern part of the Tibetan Autonomous Region along the Nyang Qu river. The county covers an area of 3,800 square km at an average elevation of 4,100 meters. It consists of 18 townships, one town, 157 administrative villages with a total population of 62,000.
Gyangze Town is 4.5 square km large and has a population 10,800.
Although there live over 10,000 people here, it looks more rural than our 500 people hometown.
the eyes of the Kumbum
Favorite thing: Gyangze is not that big, and there are only two major sites in town. Go to the Dzong (fort)on top of the hill in the morning, when it is not too hot to climb the hill. Enjoy the museum and the view and go down to have lunch.
From 15:00 you can visit the monastery and the Kumbum which are on the same premisses.
Have dinner in town and after a good night sleep in a hotel you can be on your way to Xigatse for instance.
Fondest memory: The picture shows the Newari style eyes on the top floor of the Kumbum.
More Reviews (13)
tompt's Related Pages
Gyangze Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GORGEOUS GYANGZE!"
- "Gyangze, what will it look like when finished?"
- "Check it out! One of the best places in Tibet!"
- "Gyantse`s Pelkor Chöde Monastery, Kumbum and Dzong"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gyangze
- Hotels in Gyangze
- Transportation in Gyangze
- Restaurants in Gyangze
- Warnings and Dangers in Gyangze
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gyangze
- 15 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Gyangze?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gyangze
Photos in GyangzeSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues