"Another small village in South Limburg" IJzeren by tompt
IJzeren Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 10 photos
IJzeren is part of the municipality of Valkenburg a/d Geul. It is located only a few kilometers from the tourist citycentre. A nice walk, uphill through the woods takes you to this small village. There is not really much here, besides some nice old farmhouses, but Gonnie waited here for a while untill Tom passed during the cycling tour Limburgs Mooiste. She took some pictures and that is what will be posted here.
IJzeren has some old brick nogging farmhouses. The technic of brick nogging is widely spread in Limburg. The wooden beams form the frame of the building. In between is a wall made of reedmats covered with loam. The loam is then painted white and the beams darkbrown.
More about this in the general tips.
After some time waiting near the old well, and hundreds of passing cyclists, there he is......
Tom is the one in the darkblue outfit in the right of the picture. Looking very sharp after about 97 kilometers.
Only 50 kilometers to go to the finish....
Time for Gonnie to walk back to the pub in Valkenburg, see you there !
Like in every village here IJzeren has its small chapel. This open chapel is not closed by a fence or something... more travel advice
tompt's Related Pages
IJzeren Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in IJzeren
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to IJzeren?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in IJzeren
Photos in IJzerenSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues