"Middelburg, a quiet city" Top 5 Page for this destination Middelburg by tompt
Middelburg Travel Guide: 164 reviews and 407 photos
Middelburg, a city somewhere in the Province of Zeeland, that is what we knew about it until 2004. Never been there, so when eden_teuling organised a meeting we decided to find out what it was like. The 28th of August 2004 was the day, the only sunny day in august this year.
The meeting started at a terrace with a lunch, after that we walked along some of the 1100 monuments there are in Middelburg (Luckely we skipped a few) while Pip told us some interesting facts about them. After a quick drink we went aboard a cruiseboat.
This small boat cruised the canals and we listened to the guide telling his things in dutch and something that can be best discriped as broken german. Unfortunately he could not speak broken english..... so Jeanne-Marie (RaHeNi on VT) translated it in French (don't ask us why)
The cruise was not only relaxing, but a sort of a workout too, as we had to pass many very low, but really solid bridges...
After the cruise we got in our cars and drove of to Vlissingen to see the sea and to have dinner.
Ending a perfect day in a perfect setting.
The next morning we, just the two of us, walked through Middelburg to see some more monuments. And enjoy the quiet city of Middelburg.
More info on tourism in Middelburg:
- http://www.visitmiddelburg.nl/, in dutch only.
- http://www.holland.com, the dutch tourismboard has a section on Zeeland.
The Koepoort (cowgate) is an old citygate. It was designed by Jan de Munck in 1735. The gate was not only a citygate... more travel advice
The youngest of the three shootingclubs of Middelburg was the Kolveniers or Kloveniers. This club was erected in 1509.... more travel advice
tompt's Related Pages
Middelburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "28th ( 29th) AUGUST 2004 MIDDELBURG MEETING !!"
- "Middelburg in various seasons"
- "Middelburg, a quiet city"
- "Middelburg: Go there before you die!"
- "The wonderful town of Middelburg."
- "Middelburg by bicycle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Middelburg
- Hotels in Middelburg
- Transportation in Middelburg
- Nightlife in Middelburg
- Restaurants in Middelburg
- Shopping in Middelburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Middelburg
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Middelburg
- 10 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Middelburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Middelburg
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues