"Odoorn, where we spend our first vacation together" Odoorn by tompt
Odoorn Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 39 photos
It was almost 30 years, our first vacation together. We brought a tent and all the camping equipment we needed and camped in the forrest next to Odoorn. The campground, managed by Staatsbosbeheer, is still there. But this time we decided to go for a hotel. We choose a small one in the center of the small village.
The village is still as small as it was 30 years ago, the surroundings are the attractive part of Odoorn. Go for a walk in the forrest or bring your bicycle and discover a more wider area. Ofcourse you can hire bicycles here too.
Although this area is inhabited for thousands of years. There is not much to see in the village. Maybe the church is the only building worth looking at.
See our tips for more detailed info.
This vist we brought our new tandem bicycle. It was a bit difficult to get started at the same time but after a practise ride we were confident enough to wave at the camera :-)
Boshof is a bar/restaurant and besides that you can book a larger room for parties. Because it also is a bar the... more travel advice
The Hunebedden (megalithic tombes) of Drenthe are famous throughout our country. The stoneage people built graves with... more travel advice
tompt's Related Pages
Odoorn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Odoorn, the most international village of Drenthe"
- "Odoorn, where we spend our first vacation together"
- "Drenthe, Netherlands"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Odoorn
- 7 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Odoorn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Odoorn
- updated a Odoorn Travel Page "Odoorn, where we spend our first vacation together"
- Posted in Travel Utrecht Forum "Re: Utrecht op Zondag"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Odoorn, where we spend our first vacation together"
- Wrote a Review casual eating in Odoorn Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues