"Sichuan, the spicy food region......." Sichuan Sheng by tompt
Sichuan Sheng Travel Guide: 1,307 reviews and 3,896 photos
All we knew about Sichuan before we visited was they like their food very spicy. And when we got there it seemed to be true. All the fooditems colored red are best avoided, because most of the time the red is not tomato but pepper..
Sometimes we didn't really know what to order and we just picked something. Tried to ask for the not so spicy and got something that was bearable. Just one advise on food learn these words bu la, la meaning spicy and bu (pronounce booh) is the negative.
Sichuan is located in southwest China and is one of the largest provinces. It covers an area of 485,000 kilometers and has the largest population in China, with 87 million people.
Sichuan is known as the "Land of Abundance" it has 3 places on the World Cultural and Natural Heritage List: Jiuzhaigou Scenic Area, Huang Long Valley (Yellow Dragon Valley) and Mount Emeishan including Leshan Giant Buddha.
The name Sichuan means four rivers of wich the Yangtze River is the most important.
It looked like the motorcycle won over the horse, some years ago you could have seen the men going to a festival on... more travel advice
Songpan, was built in the 7th century and rebuilt in the 14th century. The city is restored very recently, they were... more travel advice
tompt's Related Pages
Sichuan Sheng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "S I C H U A N"
- "Fog,Fiery Hotpots and Pandas"
- "Sichuan Province"
- "Sichuan - A land of colour & abundance"
- "Jiu Zai Kou"
- "Extra Service"
- "Sichuan, the spicy food region......."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sichuan Sheng
- Hotels in Sichuan Sheng
- Transportation in Sichuan Sheng
- Nightlife in Sichuan Sheng
- Restaurants in Sichuan Sheng
- Shopping in Sichuan Sheng
- Warnings and Dangers in Sichuan Sheng
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sichuan Sheng
- 18 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Sichuan Sheng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sichuan Sheng
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (60)
Top Sichuan Sheng hotels
- Chengdu Hotels
- 601 Reviews - 1516 Photos
- Jiuzhaigou Hotels
- 256 Reviews - 865 Photos
- Mianyang Hotels
- 1 Review - 7 Photos
- Leshan Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 293 Photos
- Dafo Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Suining Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Panzhihua Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 3 Photos
- Nanchong Hotels
- 2 Reviews
- Luzhou Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Lugu Hu Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Longquanyi Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Jiangzhou Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Fujiang Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Deyang Hotels
- 11 Hotels
- Zigong Hotels
- 3 Hotels