"culture and mountains" Gifu-ken by tompt
Gifu-ken Travel Guide: 183 reviews and 642 photos
In september 2001 we had our first taste of Gifu-ken, when we visited Takayama. Takayama is a very busy tourist town and maybe not the best way to see Gifu-ken. So we planned another visit and in april 2003 we visted a few places in Gifu-ken. Again Takayama, but also Shirakawago and Tochio (onsen).
Next to the old Gassho buildings in Shirakawago we did see a lot of natural beauty in the mountains.
The area around Hirasu Onsen or Shin Hotaka Onsen is great for hiking or fishing.
At the other side of the dam the water is coming out with tremendous power. It is this power that is used to generate... more travel advice
The mountains are great in Gifu-ken. We did not have much time there, so we did put it on our list to go back to. It... more travel advice
tompt's Related Pages
Gifu-ken Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "culture and mountains"
- "Towns in Gifu-ken Prefecture:"
- "Gero -- A famous spa in Japan"
- "Other areas of Gifu Prefecture"
- "Gifu City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gifu-ken
- Hotels in Gifu-ken
- Transportation in Gifu-ken
- Restaurants in Gifu-ken
- Shopping in Gifu-ken
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gifu-ken
- 42 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Gifu-ken?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gifu-ken
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues